What's new

How Often Do You Nick Yourself While Shaving

How Often Do You Draw Blood When You Shave? (Select multiple options)

• Once in a Blue Moon (also mah favorite beer)

• Weepers: once a month or less

• Weepers: once a week or less

• Weepers: almost every shave

• Nicks: once a month or less

• Nicks: once a week or less

• Nicks: almost every shave

• Serious Cut: once a month or less

• BLOODBATH!

• I have been wet shaving for about a month

• I have been wet shaving for about a year

• I am a seasoned veteran

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me it has a lot to do with the blade. If I'm using a Personna Med, Timor, Feather, it's rare.... If it's a Lord, Sputnik, or just about any Russian made blade, it's guaranteed I'll see a nick or two.

Okay, Summary of results so far:

about 2 out of 10 people who replied almost never experience nicks or weepers
about 4 out of 10 people who replied experience weepers once a month or less
about 5 out of 10 people who replied experience a nick once a month or less
weepers seem to be more frequent than nicks
more than half of the people who filled out the experience potion of the poll have been shaving for about a year or less
no one commended "what is a weeper"
158 people responded to the poll

That is as far as i am willing to go in drawing conclusions. for now anyway.

Last edited:
Still testing out different blades to find the right one for my razor and face, so weepers rear their ugly heads more often than I plan on happening once I've settled on a few favorites (hopefully!).

I get weepers virtually every shave because I've got areas on either side of my neck where the grain simply goes haywire. They're impossible to shave without weepers.

- ice

"How Often Do You Draw Blood When You Shave?"

Seems like any time I pick up a razor that was a) made after 1962, and b) doesn't say "Gillette" on it. You'd think I'd learn.

Legion

Staff member
I don't really cut myself with a straight much, but I sometimes get a weeper or two with a DE. But then, if I am using a DE it is probably because I am in a crazy rush for some reason. That is really the main cause.

once in a blue moon. str8 shaving now since around may 2011.
p.s. try oberon from bells brewery MI. essentially the same beer but not as thick, and even better tasting.

Never..unless I'm using a feather blade. Then it's a 50/50 proposition I'll get a couple nicks.
ouch.

Blue Moon beer is disgusting.
I agree. But I hate beer in general. Blue Moon happens be one of the more tolerable ones for me. I'm more of a straight tequila kinda guy, maybe with ice.

p.s. try oberon from bells brewery MI. essentially the same beer but not as thick, and even better tasting.
I'd rather not. See above.

I will do a more thorough analysis once this hits 300. Probably in a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom