What's new

How Often Do You Nick Yourself While Shaving

How Often Do You Draw Blood When You Shave? (Select multiple options)

• Once in a Blue Moon (also mah favorite beer)

• Weepers: once a month or less

• Weepers: once a week or less

• Weepers: almost every shave

• Nicks: once a month or less

• Nicks: once a week or less

• Nicks: almost every shave

• Serious Cut: once a month or less

• BLOODBATH!

• I have been wet shaving for about a month

• I have been wet shaving for about a year

• I am a seasoned veteran

Results are only viewable after voting.
I rarely ever have a problem with nicks/weepers and can't remember how long it's been since the last one. And this with using a slant razor every day. I do make an effort at proper face prep and technique so I guess that does help.

I see tiny bits of red on the blade every now and then but I don't call anything a "nick" unless I see it after the witch-hazel. That almost never happens anymore.

I'm almost to my one-year anniversary of setting down carts for good. 100% straight shaver.

So far, every start of week, I get a nick or weeper every shave. 3-4 shaves in, I get better. But then after tossing the blade at end of week. It starts all over again next week with new blade. Werewolf

All the time, but I'm pretty careless. When I first shaved with my Futur I got distracted by something, and when I looked back at the mirror there was blood coming out of my earlobe.

Hardly nick myself anymore (and I've only been wet shaving for about 4 months :thumbup:), only if I try to squeeze an extra couple shave out of a blade. Only true weeper to date was the result of some super thick lather and an overlooked pimple :closedeye. But the alum block made quick work of that.

I nicked my achilles heel area every so often. Either when I'm in a hurry, or distracted. Normally, its smooth shaving 'all' the way. Letting the weight of the razor do the work is the best way - - - not to get nicked. 30+ years of using DE's... 29-3/4 years seasoned. The first 3 months were my youthful practice months... (Using my Dads and Sisters razors):ohmy: Boy, did they get mad! :crying:

Well, I just got a new razor, so I am learning technique all over again. Switching from an 11C to a Futur is quite dramatic, to say the least. First shave was great, but the second was the one I messed around on. Too much blade gap and I applied some pressure when I knew I wasn't supposed to. Oops!:scared:

Only been using a DE for a month or so. One or two tiny nicks every 2nd or third shave at this point. Much less than the first few shaves since I learned never to take a second pass over a spot without applying more lather. Mostly at the corners of my mouth, under my nose or on the one bump on my cheek that is trying to heal (I've been trying to avoid it but sometimes miss).

Top Bottom