What's new

How Often Do You Nick Yourself While Shaving

How Often Do You Draw Blood When You Shave? (Select multiple options)

• Once in a Blue Moon (also mah favorite beer)

• Weepers: once a month or less

• Weepers: once a week or less

• Weepers: almost every shave

• Nicks: once a month or less

• Nicks: once a week or less

• Nicks: almost every shave

• Serious Cut: once a month or less

• BLOODBATH!

• I have been wet shaving for about a month

• I have been wet shaving for about a year

• I am a seasoned veteran

Results are only viewable after voting.
So after reading on this forum for over a month, I noticed that both newbies and pros tend to cut themselves, be it nicks, weepers or gashes. Since starting to shave, I think I may have noticed a weeper once, maybe.

So here is the question: How often do you nick, cut or otherwise draw blood when you shave?

Also, post anything interesting like "I nick myself sometimes but it doesn't hurt and I would still call it a great shave" or "In Soviet Russia, sheep shears you!" I am also including the experience of the user to see the distribution of experience of those who have taken this poll. For posterity and all.

Sadly I'm still on the learning curve and will somewhat regularly at least generate a weeper. Mostly this is down to pressure and angle (surprisingly ;-)) However as more time goes by this occurs less and less and I am now somewhat at the weekly weeper or nick mark. Not bad really considering it was like daily when I first started.

tbh the only blood i tend to draw these days is if i take the top off a spot and even then this only happens when using open comb razors. when i was new to DE i used to slice myself all the time but you very quickly learn to show the blade respect.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I get a weeper or two every few shaves in the same spot on my Adam's apple and every now and then I have a brain fart and let the razor's head "slap" onto my cheek (which makes for a nice "scratch" that I get to carry for 3-4 days until it heals over). I never said I was smart. :001_tongu

I hesitate to participate in this poll since I'm a big believer in jinxing one's self, but it's true: I draw blood (in nick and weeper form) maybe once a month or less. This is in stark contrast to when I had a Mach 3 or Hydro 5 or whatever cockamamie name my razor had; even with a new cartridge, I came away with a bite out of my face. How ironic: I knew my razor was fresh when it nicked me easily.

Pretty rare for either a weeper or a nick. Only once did I draw blood that required work to stop the flow.

I don't tend to cut myself unless it is a complete brain fart. Like last week. Tip: Remove blade edge from face before rotating razor.

Gawd that stung.

I have this incredibly weird spot on my neck and if I ever go ATG on it, the blade seems to pull the hair and skin into the blade and nick the heck out of it. Doesn't matter how lightly I go over it or how much I'll pull the skin tight.

most of the time I just go XTG on it, but if i'm feeling masochistic I'll go ATG and it'll be a blood bath on my neck. so about once a week or daily if I'm bored and feel like bleeding.

Over my year of wetshaving I could count the blood draws on one hand. Honestly. But I do get a little razor burn every few shaves or so in tricky areas like neckline and the top of my cheeks for some reason.

I generally start getting a ton of nicks after answering "not too often anymore!" in polls like this...keeping my mouth shut today.

I normally don't nick myself much, occasionally I'll get a weeper. But this past weekend was my first shavette shave in a while and I sliced my chin but good!

Top Bottom