What's new

Homelike TAIGA Adjustable Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across this website courtesy of The Shaving Dutchman - Because Shaving Matters...Lather Up! - https://www.theshavingdutchman.com/, if you've not been to this website yet, a word if warning, you may be tempted to start hammering your credit card with purchases....
I was just gonna ask does anyone have any of their razors yet? "Start" razor available with a range of agressivness options:

I have it and it's OK. For some reason I favor RR gamechanger both OC and bar.....or the Karve offerings.

There is one head in the start that is usless, least aggressive, the rest are OK> Do your numbers and buy what you want. All 3 options are OK., some ship faster and reliably.

I have it and it's OK. For some reason I favor RR gamechanger both OC and bar.....or the Karve offerings.

There is one head in the start that is usless, least aggressive, the rest are OK> Do your numbers and buy what you want. All 3 options are OK., some ship faster and reliably.
This thread is referring to the Taiga adjustable from Start and not the 3pc DE...

Resurrecting the thread as there haven't been any posts recently. I'm getting consistently great shaves with mine. These were my last two taiga shaves. Sadly, they seem to be sold out for the foreseeable future? Happy shaves everyone. [emoji106] I hope everyone is avoiding COVID-19! [emoji40]
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Nope, sorry buddy. They informed me that they aren't planning to have another shipment until September!! No joke [emoji50]. They apparently are focused on their other offerings right now. It's worth emailing them though. If they see more interested to purchase, maybe they will move up production??

Finally got mine in today after almost 4 weeks of transit time. Not too bad to be honest with everything that’s going on across the globe. Anyways, Sergey and the crew over at HomelikeShaving sent me an email asking if I wanted to purchase a Taiga as it was their last one in stock. I nearly smashed my Laptop keyboard typing back YES! Grateful that they reached out to me and offered me the opportunity to purchase it.

Looking to get my first shave with it in a few.....

237614B0-7BF8-44BF-AB1B-7AC33C9E3581.jpeg

Finally got mine in today after almost 4 weeks of transit time. Not too bad to be honest with everything that’s going on across the globe. Anyways, Sergey and the crew over at HomelikeShaving sent me an email asking if I wanted to purchase a Taiga as it was their last one in stock. I nearly smashed my Laptop keyboard typing back YES! Grateful that they reached out to me and offered me the opportunity to purchase it.

Looking to get my first shave with it in a few.....

View attachment 1077753
I suspect that you are going to love it like the rest of us. I've seriously debated on down sizing my collection... [emoji51]

Smooth, smooth and smooth. The razor delivered exactly what I was expecting and perhaps a bit more. Excellent craftsmanship and feel in the hands while exhibiting a nice balance from the bottom of the handle to the top cap though, I do feel it leans slightly towards the top in weight bias. Nevertheless, it was an excellent 3 pass shave on its first go. Set it on 4 with a fresh Feather and I ran with it. There is a bit of blade feel but it’s slightly muted that you feel as though the razor & blade combo won’t bite you. Again, it was on setting 4 so it was just slightly under the mid point in aggression. But, it still cuts with a smooth efficiency and just removes the whiskers with a calm authority. First shave was awesome and looking forward to getting in a full weeks worth especially with the OC plate. This razor is a banger for sure...

9046B917-186C-44EF-8934-811C56FB7AF3.jpeg

Full tilt at max with the Taiga and just an awesome shave. The Feather was brilliant with no harshness on it’s 3rd shave. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Good feel yet still quite smooth with a larger gap that offers nice blade reveal and feel for a 2 pass and no touch ups BBS finish. Definitely as good as a Gibbs Reglable No.15/17 if not better with equal smoothness but, possessing a bit more blade feel does the Russian Bear have over the French Revolutionary. The Gibbs might be just a tad softer on the face at full tilt but, the Taiga is right behind it and one must acknowledge that there’s an OC set up on it. Superb is all I can say. Just superb. A great evening and shaves to all...

12145DF0-357E-4F60-BA2F-072BD386298D.jpeg

Sublime early morning shave. Feather is still kicking *** with the Taiga and taking whiskers. Only two other razors in my den that have tamed the Feather in such a way that takes away that initial harsh feeling of the Feather blade feel on the skin. One is the Gillette RFB which is as good as it gets in terms of smoothness & efficiency and the other is the the RR Mamba .70 with it’s super smooth glide and mild feel on the skin. The Taiga bridges both of those for me in one complete package. Honorable mention to the Gibbs Adjustable (the flag bearer of adjustable performance and in my humble opinion slightly ahead of the Taiga in blade feel) but, in my experience the Taiga does it just a wee bit better in giving me the same exact shave feel and quality as from the Gibbs. Another thing that the Taiga has over the Gibbs is the premium fit, feel and craftsmanship and that is unquestioned. And last but, certainly not least is interchangeable base plates between SB & OC. In a class by itself just on that alone. The chink in the armor of this razor? Logistics and availability as it has to come from Russia and wait times are quite long. But, if you can hack out the wait & price, definitely worth considering as a future acquisition. Great day & shaves to all plus, stay safe my shaving brethren.....

CCF36840-1004-4B20-B1EB-32CBBDF62D4D.jpeg

The Taiga on 4 & 3 paired with a Feather was just an absolute pleasure to use. No harshness nor a bitey feel with the combo. Just silky smooth passes (3) and a near BBS finish. I missed a tiny spot under the chin and felt a couple of stragglers on Sir Adam. Nonetheless, it left a fabulous face feel that was both smooth and whisker free everywhere else.

Another thing is the Shannon’s Soaps. This stuff delivers one of the creamiest and densest lathers with the best of them. Might take a few more seconds to build up some suds but, once there the performance is exceptionally good and post shave is top notch. Really good stuff....

96ED8C01-7360-45C1-B35D-D69CF04A53E6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom