What's new

Swiss Razor Tedalus

This is getting silly. the CHF went from .8414 to .8415 today. For the past week the CHF has risen .01US. That is not a 4% drop in the dollar . Let’s just call it what it is - a price increase. If he gets it good for him.
Guess we see different FX.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231230_224817_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231230_224817_Google.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 5
4 percent in a single day is a monster move in FX ( Foreign exchange) for well established pairs like the CHF/US.. and recall the market has been closed since 5pm Friday eastern standard time. And it's a holiday weekend so volume is almost non existent . the price change in the last 36 hours is a measly few pips. The razors price increase was most likely caused by the site administrator or whoever is in charge of the prices.. not taking sides , just stating facts..

The FX market normally closes Friday 5.00pm eastern standard time, and opens again on Sunday at 5.00pm eastern standard time. their are price movements when the market is closed but they are minusule. All the big institutions and liquidity providers aren't trading during the weekends. Especially during a big holiday weekend . That's why prices during that time stay within the tiniest of ranges.

Last edited:
Your graph is for 5 days not today. This is todays chartView attachment 1772541
I stand corrected. My fault, I don't really track traditional FX, just BTC and ETH against a few currencies, then translate in my head. I'd hold out the possibility it takes a little time to decide to price change on FX volatility ( unless volume commodities) so they could have been reacting to a longer than 1 day history.

4 percent in a single day is a monster move in FX ( Foreign exchange) for well established pairs like the CHF/US.. and recall the market has been closed since 5pm Friday eastern standard time. And it's a holiday weekend so volume is almost non existent . the price change in the last 36 hours is a measly few pips. The razors price increase was most likely caused by the site administrator or whoever is in charge of the prices.. not taking sides , just stating facts..

The FX market normally closes Friday 5.00pm eastern standard time, and opens again on Sunday at 5.00pm eastern standard time. their are price movements when the market is closed but they are minusule. All the big institutions and liquidity providers aren't trading during the weekends. Especially during a big holiday weekend . That's why prices during that time stay within the tiniest of ranges.
It was my screw up. I only track BTC and ETH against fiat, then approximate an exchange rate in my head. Those actually do trade 7x24x52 and are more volatile.

FWIW I asked Bard if the price had gone up
Your graph is for 5 days not today. This is todays chartView attachment 1772541
FWIW I asked Bard to check on the historical price (stand not included). It hasn't changed in Swiss Francs. Here is the reply:

Yes, the Tedalus Velocity One razor appears to have increased in price in the last month, at least on some retailers. The current price varies depending on the retailer and location, but here's a comparison:

Oct 27, 2023:

• Tedalus website: CHF 794.95 (approx. USD $850)
  • Damn Fine Shave (US reseller): USD $999.99

Dec 30, 2023:

• Damn Fine Shave (US reseller): USD $1024.99

As you can see, the price on the Damn Fine Shave website has gone up by USD $25 in the last month. It's possible that other retailers have also increased their prices, but I haven't been able to confirm this for all available locations.

They could just be monkeying with USD customers if it is not exchange rates, or they are adjusting/anticipating to past devaluation or future devaluation. Interestingly the price actually dropped in SF to 750 today.

Last edited:
I have thoughtfully curated a collection of inspirational nuggets from this thread about said razor... so no one has to
go through the arduous process of separating wheat from chaff. Please enjoy:

I think this might have been one of the most enjoyable shaves I have had since I started DE shaving.

Each stroke felt masterful.

I see the Tedalus as more of a mirror into our inner shaver than anything else.

its actual costs exceed its utility from the get-go.

a single person's pursuit of "perfection" achieved through a network of skills, knowledge, and experiences

the same passion created Tesla, SpaceX, the MacIntosh Computer, and other things where technology, art, passion, vision, and engineering all come together to cerate something special.

transcendent value beyond price and utility (for any geeks out there, this is one of the breakthroughs in the new field of evolutionary economics - moving beyond price and utility).

Last edited:
I'm torn between the Velocity One and the Paradigm Diamondback and I was wondering if someone who has both razors is willing to compare them. Essentially, I would like to know which razor is more efficient and what angle or angles work best. Things that are a bit less important are - which one is more nimble, which one is easier to use under the nose, how they perform XTG and ATG and a picture of both razors side by side with blades in them so I can see how much and in which direction the blade is bent.

I've been hearing mostly good things about the Diamondback and unfortunately, I was very busy when the pre-order took place and missed a great opportunity. Now I'm not sure if I should buy just one of those two, both or neither.

I take with a pinch of salt, claims that Tedalus 0.89mm = Wolfman 1.55mm WR2 in efficiency.
Having shaved extensively with the latter, I can tell you the 1.55 is hyper-efficient and the
smoothness it creates lasts over a day and a half. It's not an everyday razor for the majority.

Diamondback is described as "a mild razor with high efficiency". Reports from users rate the
Diamondback's efficiency as being on par with Wolfman 1.35 WR2. The latter is a crazy good
razor and for those with tough beards it may be the only one you need.

Regarding how DB bends the blade, see below (not my pic):

DB1.jpg

Apologies for slotting this here but the question was posed here.

I take with a pinch of salt, claims that Tedalus 0.89mm = Wolfman 1.55mm WR2 in efficiency.
Having shaved extensively with the latter, I can tell you the 1.55 is hyper-efficient and the
smoothness it creates lasts over a day and a half. It's not an everyday razor for the majority.

Diamondback is described as "a mild razor with high efficiency". Reports from users rate the
Diamondback's efficiency as being on par with Wolfman 1.35 WR2. The latter is a crazy good
razor and for those with tough beards it may be the only one you need.

Regarding how DB bends the blade, see below (not my pic):

View attachment 1772582

Apologies for slotting this here but the question was posed here.

Judging by your picture and the ones I was able to find from another forum, I think the way the Velocity One bends and sticks the blade out is more to my liking and it feels like it would be at least a little bit more efficient compared to the DB. Of course, a picture can only give you so much information.

t1ldBpv (1).jpg
JJoF8sn.jpg

FWIW I asked Bard if the price had gone up

FWIW I asked Bard to check on the historical price (stand not included). It hasn't changed in Swiss Francs. Here is the reply:

Yes, the Tedalus Velocity One razor appears to have increased in price in the last month, at least on some retailers. The current price varies depending on the retailer and location, but here's a comparison:

Oct 27, 2023:

• Damn Fine Shave (US reseller): USD $999.99

Dec 30, 2023:

• Damn Fine Shave (US reseller): USD $1024.99

As you can see, the price on the Damn Fine Shave website has gone up by USD $25 in the last month. It's possible that other retailers have also increased their prices, but I haven't been able to confirm this for all available locations.

They could just be monkeying with USD customers if it is not exchange rates, or they are adjusting/anticipating to past devaluation or future devaluation. Interestingly the price actually dropped in SF to 750 today.
That I can understand. They are just trying to gouge the consumer. My problem is that the manufacturer raised his price from the morning to the afternoon.

The velocity one looks like a bastard child from a threesome gone wrong involving a Henson , Rocnel sailor & Lambda Athena

the razor has borrowed the following.
Henson: the blade clamping & lather channels
lambda athetha: overall shape & over the top aesthetics
Rocnel elite and sailor. the handle design, texture, top cap shape and design

the razor has borrowed the following.
Henson: the blade clamping & lather channels

The Henson V.2 clamps the blade further out...and a lot more firmly.

From what I see in close-ups, the Tedalus simply curves the blade downwards.

Henson's clamping is irreproachable, IMO.

Last edited:
On that site someone posted a review mentioning this razor:

A question about this and other hollow handles —

Doesn’t water get inside the handle? Won’t it cause corrosion if it sits there? With daily use the inside of the handle would be wet all the time. Am I missing something?

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
A question about this and other hollow handles —

Doesn’t water get inside the handle? Won’t it cause corrosion if it sits there? With daily use the inside of the handle would be wet all the time. Am I missing something?
This will have no impact.
The Rex Ambassador's handle is also hollow, which has never caused trouble.

I live in an Asian island country and the humidity is usually 50~90+, more humid than most places in the world; even so, my razor still dries within a day.

------
Update information
Tedalus’ 333 units of Essence have been sold out in 2023.
In order to thank the first buyers for their support, he will not produce the exact same razor again; even if a new shavette may be launched in the future, it will be a different design.
img_1_1704183087686.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom