What's new

Swiss Razor Tedalus

Good afternoon. I recently saw the website of a new manufacturer of expensive stainless steel razors. Razors are made in Switzerland and will soon go on sale at a very high price. What do you know about it?

lasta

Blade Biter
Noticed this pop up occasionally.

I do like the contrast polishing and the handle is very pretty. One of the better designed modern razors IMO.

But 0.68mm + neutral exposure...I don't have the patience for razors this mild. Yes, this is coming from a guy who loves Techs!

From €794,95

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Wow. That’s expensive. It’s beautiful, though - has some resemblance to a Rocnel head, but a more styled handle. It looks like exactly the kind of razor I like - heavy, zero or minimal blade exposure, designed and manufactured to look and feel exceptional.

I have the Tedalus barber razor, which is beautifully made and designed, and I think was a production of 330 pieces. It was machined in China, to a very high standard, and final assembly was done by Tedalus in Switzerland. It has a rather grand display stand too, which was optional. This was pricey for a barber razor, but not even half of the quoted DE price.

A56B1BA5-C06B-4411-AA60-152003E3B62A.jpeg

I saw a few pictures of this razor a while ago and it's design and look is on pair with the very best razor manufacturers that we have. The specs make it look a bit mild, but they might add a plate or two in the future, so who knows. On the bright side, they offer 30 days trial and if you don't like it, you can return it.

I have a feeling that one day, this razor will become very sought after and its price is going to skyrocket just like some other modern razors made in limited quantities.

Super expensive Swiss watches...and now super expensive Swiss DE razors! It looks beautiful, and possibly has very high manufacturing tolerances, but...at $1010 US Dollars, it is priced way out of most wet shavers budgets (like 99.9%). I hope someone on B&B buys one, and reports how it shaves.

Very nice but my feeling is too expensive for a new company. Superb design and web page but nothing more.
I just like the business way like for example Lambda Razors do. First little production with affordable price, later when they are well known for quality, reputation and demand will grow also price can be much higher but we all know what we pay for.
just my idea

I'm sure some will sell. At the price-point, its a fixed razor with minimal machining differences (in finish) compared to the Rocnels at ~3x the cost. Particularly being so mild, I won't be selling anything to sample.

Truly a good looking razor. Gorgeous in fact. Must be made out of a special "Unobtanium" version of SS that is found only at the bottom of the Dead Sea or mined from the ice on top of the Himalayas. But I already have the Lambda Athena so the gorgeous box is already checked in bronze...at considerably less I might add and which also shaves beautifully.:cool:

Last edited:
The Swiss make good stuff normally.

I am sure the $1,000.00 Razors will sell, people with lots of money will buy, if for bragging rights or to show friends.

I will bet two B & B Member will be on waiting list.

Big time collectors.🥳

But 0.68mm + neutral exposure...I don't have the patience for razors this mild. Yes, this is coming from a guy who loves Techs!
That's my man!

I must say though, the handle is one of the most ugly and impractical ones I have ever seen.
Many manufacturers nowadays will race against each other, who will make the most originally looking handle. And function is non-exsitent.

Top Bottom