What's new

Fendrihan MK II Full Stainless Razor

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I recently reviewed the razor in the review system: Fendrihan MK II Full Stainless Razor - Reviews - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/reviews/fendrihan-mk-ii-full-stainless-razor.211785/reviews#review-21602

I decided to post a few more pictures as I did not see many.
IMG_1942.JPGIMG_1943.JPG

MKii (left) Next to a related Gillette Tech(right). Notice the length of the post. It doesn't affect the shave, just takes a lot of turns to open/close.
IMG_1945.JPGIMG_1946.JPG

You can see that the finish isn't the best. I'm guessing that a full stainless steel razor that would be cheaper than the Feather AS-D2 was the target. If I look at the RazorRock Game Changer, I find that the Game Changer has a better finish.

In the end, the razor works well. Here's another picture MKii (left) compared to my Merkur 38C (right - barber pole).
IMG_1947.JPG

Finally, a side view.
IMG_1948.JPG

I do not know how many B&B members use and/or own this razor but I do not see many posts about it.

Some other threads that you might find interesting if you have an interest in this razor:

I too have had this razor since at least 2017, and I like and agree with your review. However, one potential downside to the MKII is that the head has an especially long threaded post and may not be compatible with third-party handles. Of course, if you're happy with the original Fendrihan handle, that's irrelevant. The original base plate on mine also was defective. It screwed on crooked and could not be straightened. But Fendrihan promptly replaced it at no cost with a good one, so I won't take points off. Overall imo it's very good if you like a relatively heavy razor.

I have considered getting a MKII many times over the years. Three things have held me back. First, in many of the pics I have seen, the finish of the base plate looks really rough, like it was cast in a pile of sand. Second is the handle. They all come with a long handle that doesn't appeal to me. At one time, you could purchase the head alone but for years, every time I check, the head only option is out of stock. Third, and this is the biggest reason, I have read many reviews and many of them all start out the same "I had to return the first head because...". In each case I read, Fendrihan happily replaced the defective head, good on them. I wonder, how many defective heads can one vendor sell without practicing some quality control? Still, if I ever ran across a head only deal, I would still like to try one because so many reviews have ended with praise for the shave it provides. Just my two cents, not trying to derail the thread.

Reactions: Luc

Luc

Staff member
I have considered getting a MKII many times over the years. Three things have held me back. First, in many of the pics I have seen, the finish of the base plate looks really rough, like it was cast in a pile of sand. Second is the handle. They all come with a long handle that doesn't appeal to me. At one time, you could purchase the head alone but for years, every time I check, the head only option is out of stock. Third, and this is the biggest reason, I have read many reviews and many of them all start out the same "I had to return the first head because...". In each case I read, Fendrihan happily replaced the defective head, good on them. I wonder, how many defective heads can one vendor sell without practicing some quality control? Still, if I ever ran across a head only deal, I would still like to try one because so many reviews have ended with praise for the shave it provides. Just my two cents, not trying to derail the thread.

If you find a head only, you might have an issue finding a handle that fits. The post is long compared to a “regular” razor.

You are right for the finish. It’s a bit rough. Back when I bought it, there wasn’t many stainless steel razors. I took a chance buying it.

It’s probably (I don’t know) all right now to buy one as they are still selling it. If it would be bad(really bad) they would discontinue the product completely.

That end view sure does look like a Tech!

Yes but a Tech is in its own league.

They do sell the head by itself as well.
They are cast steel, so it makes sense that some parts of it aren't polished for the money.

I have one, and the finish is pretty decent in real life.

Luc

Staff member
Are there any particular angles you'd like to see?
I am mainly curious to see the finish and the profile of the head. In short, I’m wondering if it’s the same head and if their process changed since I bought mine.

I am mainly curious to see the finish and the profile of the head. In short, I’m wondering if it’s the same head and if their process changed since I bought mine.
Ah, I bought mine in 2017, like you have, so you wouldn't be able to see what's change since then.

Reactions: Luc

Luc

Staff member
Ah, I bought mine in 2017, like you have, so you wouldn't be able to see what's change since then.
I thought yours was more recent. That’s all right. There’s probably a few of them that are floating around.

Top Bottom