What's new

Swiss Razor Tedalus

On that site someone posted a review mentioning this razor:
Which site are you referring to?

The link that you have provided only leads to a product page. I do not see any reviews regarding the Velocity razor.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I know the Wolfman "hollow" handles are partially hollow inside... the handle is sealed on the bottom... well... the bottom is metal.. no hole. The top has threads, obviously.. but there is a bottom to the thread hole... it isn't open to the hollow part in the handle. I hope I'm communicating that well... but I sure missed on sound sentence structure... Reader beware.

I'm sure Tedalus does something similar... but those who have one should chime in. I shouldn't have commented, truth be told.

I know the Wolfman "hollow" handles are partially hollow inside... the handle is sealed on the bottom... well... the bottom is metal.. no hole. The top has threads, obviously.. but there is a bottom to the thread hole... it isn't open to the hollow part in the handle. I hope I'm communicating that well... but I sure missed on sound sentence structure... Reader beware.

I'm sure Tedalus does something similar... but those who have one should chime in. I shouldn't have commented, truth be told.
With the tedalus, they do the same thing at the bottom then? Still it just seems like it would be hard to get the moisture out of there if it’s sitting on the stand, and same for the thread region.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
With the tedalus, they do the same thing at the bottom then? Still it just seems like it would be hard to get the moisture out of there if it’s sitting on the stand, and same for the thread region.
I'm not sure... I shouldn't have posted anything since I don't own one. I don't have any razors that use a post for a razor stand, but there are quite a few of them around..... Stainless steel should be no problem.

Almost all my razors are three piece so they have a threaded handle. Now, I do use quite a few titanium razor handles with stainless steel razor heads. I used a anti-seize compound on them from a bicycle tool supplier. Bicycles often have mixed metal situations so the Park Tool anti-seize compound will stop any potential galling. I've never had a water issue.... I don't rinse the handles in a way that fills the thread hole up with water... but if it gets wet, you can just blow it out... or if you are really worried about it... a Q-tip or folded paper towel would absorb any water that gets in there.

I'm not sure... I shouldn't have posted anything since I don't own one. I don't have any razors that use a post for a razor stand, but there are quite a few of them around..... Stainless steel should be no problem.

Almost all my razors are three piece so they have a threaded handle. Now, I do use quite a few titanium razor handles with stainless steel razor heads. I used an anti-seize compound on them from a bicycle tool supplier. Bicycles often have mixed metal situations so the Park Tool anti-seize compound will stop any potential galling. I've never had a water issue.... I don't rinse the handles in a way that fills the thread hole up with water... but if it gets wet, you can just blow it out... or if you are really worried about it... a Q-tip or folded paper towel would absorb any water that gets in there.
Regarding threaded area, that has not been a problem with the AS-D2 but I think it is coated.

The Tedalus Velocity-ONE hollow handle is open at the bottom. There is a wider hole that sits on the pin-style stand (about 1cm deep), and a narrower hole that continues through the handle. I don’t know why anyone would get water into the bottom of the handle, and I haven’t, but it is open. I’m also not sure why it would matter if water got in there, or why it wouldn’t just run back out. It isn’t something that is worrying me but you could stick a Q-tip up there if you wanted to.

------
Update information
Tedalus’ 333 units of Essence have been sold out in 2023.
In order to thank the first buyers for their support, he will not produce the exact same razor again; even if a new shavette may be launched in the future, it will be a different design.
View attachment 1773693
I'm so sad I missed out on the Essence TBH! Was saving for it slowly but just couldn't swing it in time

Not even sure how to answer that.
It’s not jewellery, it’s a razor that shaves rather well
Maybe it’s because they’re using gloves while showing the razor. :)

At the very least, the design of the razor is cool. The handle is different from the normal knurled handles yet very beautiful (I realize that is subjective). Of course, whether the finish looks that good in person, and if it does whether it holds up over time, is unknown.

I’d rate it as the best looking razor. Immense attention to detail even down to the lettering on base plate. Unfortunately, based on one of the reviews, it does appear to have slight blade overhang.

Last edited:
But you haven’t linked the Velocity page!
You’ve linked one of Augustins.
Ok man, here it is.
Scroll to the reviews.

We’re talking about several competitors (Wolfman, Rocnel) and this was one I had never heard of. That’s why I mentioned it.

Attachments

• IMG_1833.jpeg
    IMG_1833.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Super expensive Swiss watches...and now super expensive Swiss DE razors! It looks beautiful, and possibly has very high manufacturing tolerances, but...at $1010 US Dollars, it is priced way out of most wet shavers budgets (like 99.9%). I hope someone on B&B buys one, and reports how it shaves.
Maybe this is getting out of hands argh

Top Bottom