What's new

Swiss Razor Tedalus

The Tedalus is not the most expensive. CARBON shaving Cx-Mokume, Cx-Damtanium, and Cx-Damascus are all more. The Ged bronze and titanium Wolfmans pass it too. I think the new Rocnel Sailors pass it as well. Then there are the true luxury ones... 3 to 4k

The Tedalus is not the most expensive. CARBON shaving Cx-Mokume, Cx-Damtanium, and Cx-Damascus are all more. The Ged bronze and titanium Wolfmans pass it too. I think the new Rocnel Sailors pass it as well. Then there are the true luxury ones... 3 to 4k
Pah. You want an expensive razor? I’ll show you an expensive razor. And a cartridge razor for that matter.

I introduce the Zafirro Iridium razor. Limited to 99 pieces. Yours for $100,000. Apparently you can send the cartridge back to them and they sharpen the blades for you, for 20 years, so it’s saving you money (except for the $100,000, and only if you believe they will be in business for 20 years).

404BFBB9-B48F-455B-A662-00C9630A0EF2.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like they don't believe anyone will purchase it. I selected Buy Now but the link is inactive. Or maybe this is a new form of predictive AI. Possibly the time from initial page view to selecting Buy Now was deemed too hesitant. :)

Interestingly, I found a link to this razor release in the online WSJ, dated Dec 2017. Somehow I feel that they sold at least one copy ....

Looks like they don't believe anyone will purchase it. I selected Buy Now but the link is inactive. Or maybe this is a new form of predictive AI. Possibly the time from initial page view to selecting Buy Now was deemed too hesitant. :)

Interestingly, I found a link to this razor release in the online WSJ, dated Dec 2017. Somehow I feel that they sold at least one copy ....
I think the Kickstarter funding was unsuccessful so it never happened. I wonder why.

But what does the latest Gillette “Labs” razor cost? Cartridges are £20 for 4 in the UK. Assuming daily shaving and 3 shaves per cartridge, that would be £600 per year, or £12,000 over 20 years - let’s say £20-30,000 with price inflation (maybe $40,000 in American money). Cheaper than the Zafirro Iridium would have been, but not as big a difference as you’d expect.

The Tedalus is really cheap compared to a Gillette, though.

Last edited:
there is one easy way to tell where it was made or if the owner will be accurate on a customs form… COO (country of origin) for duties, and if you mess around with this and the US Govt finds out you are in bad shape, regardless of where you are.

A lot of people try to play this game but if I was buying it here I would insist on DDP - delivery duties paid.

It is easy to read through the designed and engineered in statement.

I’ve been in most major facilitates that produced phones in China, many had a similar statement.

Doesn’t matter for now it’s sold out, it does look nice but if it was machined in China for 100 pieces that would be rather foolish. It could easily be done in Eastern Europe for less money if they didn’t want to have it done in DACH or Italy.

so much for I switched to wet shaving to save money
Depending on the type of cartridges or electric razors, you might be surprised as to how money they can pull out of your pocket. Cartridges aren't cheap and the big corps are always busy engineering the quality out of them (so they don't last as long). With electric razors it's far from one-and-done -- blades go blunt and there's always a newer-and-better model.

Saving money is more like the icing on the cake with wet shaving. The main goal is to have an enjoyable and irritation-free shave. If a $1000 razor brings you joy when shaving, given it's a one-time cost, it's worth it, IMO. (For the record, I'm not there yet, but still I did buy a $160 AS-D2 and am using a Plisson synthetic that cost me over a $100.)

I think it is safe to say that 90% of the users in this forum will never save money by converting to safety razors. I'm surely only spending more. I shave every 2-3 days and I got 10-20 shaves from cartridges. I switched to DE and I do the same. In the long run I would allegedly save money, but with all the razors I've already bought and sold at a loss, I think I can safely say I will never save any money. I like the creative editing with the numbers, to justify the purchase of a $1000 razor, but unless the wives are lurking here, we don't need to lie to ourselves 😂

I think it is safe to say that 90% of the users in this forum will never save money by converting to safety razors. I'm surely only spending more. I shave every 2-3 days and I got 10-20 shaves from cartridges. I switched to DE and I do the same. In the long run I would allegedly save money, but with all the razors I've already bought and sold at a loss, I think I can safely say I will never save any money. I like the creative editing with the numbers, to justify the purchase of a $1000 razor, but unless the wives are lurking here, we don't need to lie to ourselves 😂
Once you are past 2 razors you have passed economic utility and entered into uneconomic hobby passion.

Top Bottom