What's new

Help me with my next razor: a hundred bucks in hand

The most expensive razor I have had is a Weber.....early on in the wild west days of b.s.t. you could flip them in about ten seconds so I have tried quite a few.

So, I want something nice and something I can use too. No museum piece. If I get lucky and find that it will be used too. I have one cerakote razor which I love so that tempts me to get a Gillette open comb from Delta Echo...8 weeks out on those.... North Shore has a couple vintage razors ready to ship as well.

Several replates have caught my eye too but I generally haven't liked their look as well I like the cerakoted product as far as overall finish goes.

ATT stainless pop up on bst for around 120 from time to time....so if I can handle being patient an open comb.with a barber pole handle would be absolutely amazing.

As you can see I am.all over the board and have checked out every suggestion so far. Shopping is half the fun

The most expensive razor I have had is a Weber.....early on in the wild west days of b.s.t. you could flip them in about ten seconds so I have tried quite a few.

So, I want something nice and something I can use too. No museum piece. If I get lucky and find that it will be used too. I have one cerakote razor which I love so that tempts me to get a Gillette open comb from Delta Echo...8 weeks out on those.... North Shore has a couple vintage razors ready to ship as well.

Several replates have caught my eye too but I generally haven't liked their look as well I like the cerakoted product as far as overall finish goes.

ATT stainless pop up on bst for around 120 from time to time....so if I can handle being patient an open comb.with a barber pole handle would be absolutely amazing.

As you can see I am.all over the board and have checked out every suggestion so far. Shopping is half the fun

There you go. And remember, it's not your last razor, just your next razor.:a17:

Definitely the Rockwell 6s! I have both a Timeless and a Rockwell. I enjoy my shaves with the Timeless more, but it's still new, and in a completely different price range anyway. With a $100 budget, I just don't think you can beat the Rockwell.

I really like the qshave from aliexpress it is the futur clone for 7 bucks. I was shocked how good this adjustable is. One thing I like about it is the audible response. You can hear the blade as it cuts. I also use the Merkur 34c HD. It is very mild though.

Would you consider the Merkur 45 Bakelite? This splits time along with my fat-handle Tech as my daily driver. You should be able to snag one with a case for about $40.

IMG_0522.JPG

$100 won't buy this, but for not much more they can be had. It's not the ROTM. I'd buy one in a heartbeat (again) if I needed one. Seldom seen, but if you look, you might find.

proxy.php

Ugh. Rad. The mojo of a Blackland razor is currently calling. I will be scouring bst s until I find one, until I see something else shiny, or until I save up and by a new one.

As the thread title states I have a hundred bucks to play with. Considering an ATT Calypso, Rockwell.....I am pretty well set on vintage Gillettes at this point.

Any others I should be considering ? I could bump up to stainless as a vendor has ATT on sale....as does WCS (their house brand razors).

Thanks!
Not sure if this meets with your criteria but you will be well pleased with a Schick type C3. The shave from one of these is superb and I love the built in blade tray (holds 20 blades good for at least a few days each) and slim design. No one I show one to ever suspects it is a razor until I open it and fold out the head. Pics are of a C1 OC but I like the smooth bar version C3 the best. These can be found aplenty for less than 75 bucks US.

I love that Schick too....so here is what I have inbound :. I have been lusting over a Blackland razor.....it has mojo....so my gf grabbed one....it is inbound. Would not have done that for myself.

And having my hundred left I randomly found a lot of razors that includes a ball end old type, I think a 40s superspeed, a tech w a Bakelite handle and the stars of the show:. A President that looks pretty good, and a new improved Gillette that is quite tarnished. Hope it shines up nice.

I would bump up to the stainless steel ATT so you can get an open comb. I like the weight as well. I have the M2 with the Atlas handle and it's hard to beat.
+1 I use the R2 most of the time and it is beautiful. However, I don't think you will get one for under a hundy, so if that is a firm line it will have to be the Rockwell 6s.

If you want a 6S better hurry. Got an email from Rockwell saying they need to have the molds polished and will be out of production for a few months.

Top Bottom