What's new

My second Wolfman is inbound from Master Engraver Otto Carter. Finally.

Patience is a virtue, so they say. Don't have it in my hands yet but it is on the way. Similar to my last Otto Carter/Wolfman, the effort took years. Starting with an order in 2020 for a Wolfman which finally arrived in 2021. It took me a while to find someone to craft the stainless steel brush handle using my cad design to match the Wolfman WRH7 razor handle. I reached out to John Leitch of Byron Shaving Company who creates unique hand made shaving tools and accessories and he agreed to machine the handle for me. Next I sent the handle off to Darrin Hern at D&C Metal Finishing to mirror polish it to match the Wolfman finish.

I shipped the set to Otto to be engraved. Unfortunately Otto lost his wife during that time and could not continue with the project for quite a while. Once he got back to work he faced a long backlog, notably orders from his legacy account, Cabot Guns. Once he got caught up he was able to finish my small project. Here is a link to one of his latest 1911 creations. The Sixth Commandment Note the sale price at the bottom of the article. It's a jaw dropper. I feel honored that Otto is willing to work on my small projects from time to time considering the demand for his work.

All credit goes to the artisans involved in this project and I am happy to see it completed. Each person in the chain played an important part and it would not have been possible without all of their work.

The pics Otto sent aren't that great so I'll post more detailed pics in acquisitions when I receive the set.
IMG_4661.jpeg
IMG_0411.jpeg
IMG_9783.jpeg

IMG_4278.jpeg

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I really can't think of more amazing words.
Thank you for sharing this process with us.

Top Bottom