What's new

Gillette Nacet blades, are they really that good?

Shaved my head today (4) days growth with a Nacet blade in a 75 Super Speed..
I was impressed with how sharp and smooth it cut threw the growth..

I am a fan!

I'm on shave 16, face and head, with a Nacet. It is an excellent blade. I used it in my 48-50 Aristocrat today. I shave my face and head everyday, two days growth is the longest I've gone. I flip the blade over each day, definitely helps this blade last longer.

platinum or stainless are we talking about here. I am a Russian Gillette liker. GSB and 7O'Clock Green are my go to blades. Which Nacet is better?

I couldn't believe all the raves about Nacet blades on the forums. I had tried a Nacet blade in 2014 and wasn't really impressed. I looked back to a small notebook I keep where I write a few impressions about blades I have tried. All the raves were about Nacet Stainless blades and not the Nacet Platinum I had tried. I think that I had read the Nacet Platinum blades had been discontinued but I don't know if that is accurate.

I have only used one Nacet blade in my Red Tip, and I wasn't impressed. Will again later.
I like Dorco 300 better.

I used a Nacet today for the first time in my '48 SS and really liked it; close and very smooth. I also tried a Rubie Platinum but didn't like it at all. For some reason the two platinum blades I've tried, Rubie and Astra SP, have felt like sandpaper on my face. My normal blade is a GSB but I'd rate the Nacet right up there with it.

My blades are marked Nacet Stainless and they work well for me though, I have just started using them. I will buy more when the opportunity presents itself as they are cheap and work well for my face and beard. YMMV

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but if you still want to try some Nacets, I've got plenty. P.M. me your mailing address and I'll be happy to send you some.

I am new to wet shaving. And would like to try the Nacets blades. Can you tell me the best place to get some? Thanks,
Ted

There are a bunch of them on Ebay out of Jordan. Tryablade and similar places are best for a tuck or two along with other blade brands.

I am new to wet shaving. And would like to try the Nacets blades. Can you tell me the best place to get some? Thanks,
Ted

If you are in Europe, then RazorBladesClub has a similar trial thing to Tryablade but with less postage.

I really like Nacets. I find them very close to Russian Perma Sharp SS's as well.

I blame this on maybe a bad blade but I got 2 shaves out of my first Nacet and that was it. The first shave was fantastic though. The second was just bad so much tugging. I will give them another go and hopefully I can get more than 2 shaves.

Just tried one in my 6C with the #3 plate on a 2 day stubble. Surprisingly, I got a 2 pass (+cleanup) DFS, but with considerable weepers and an alum block pass that made the neighbors think we were filming a Home Alone parody. It's definitely the sharpest blade I've gone with so far. I may throw it in my 34C for the next shave just to see if the slightly less aggressive razor can tame this scalpel just a touch.

Just tried a Nacet this past Friday, for the first time, in a Super Speed. A fine experience. Unlike some here, I usually have a good shave with nearly any blade -- the Voskhods being a notable exception after the first shave. So the question comes down to, how many good shaves can I get out of one blade, and therefore how does my cost per shave stack up? More research needed.

I've just started using Nacets in my vintage TTOs. They are sharp, smooth, and have been delivering great shaves. I've been getting six or so shaves with each blades; on par or slightly better than my GSBs or Polsilver SIs.

Ive had a tuck of Nacets for a while but had never tried them, so I tried 2 of them out over the past three days.

First Shave - I loaded a fresh Nacet in my Slim and went to town on a 3 pass shave for my neck and edged up me beard along my cheeks in 2 passes. Exceptional smoothness and nearly BBS going moving from settings 5 for WTG, 6 for XTG and 7 for ATG. 7 for my edge up. I was very pleased.

Second Shave - Loaded the same blade from the first shave into my PAA Symmetry (Pearl Open Comb). I did three passes and was able to whip the medium-aggresive razor around just as easily as I did my Slim. A surprisingly BBS shave this time (last night I was afraid I wouldn't have enough stubble to shave again this morning ). Getting all the strange angles on my neck was simple and easy. No nicks, irritation or weepers on the first two shaves so I figured I try out a headshave the next day with a more aggressive razor. I was about that time anyway.

Third Shave - Today was my third Shave so I thought I'd put the Nacet to the test. I chose a fresh blade, even though I'm sure I'll still get several uses out of the first, and loaded it in my DOC Evolution. I always use this razor for headshaves because of its extreme efficiency and my dense, thick hair (African American) but I normally load it with a Trig Silver Edge. Sometimes I'll use a PolSilver but that sometimes leads to mild irritation. I took it for a three pass shave and let me tell you that that darn Nacet blade turned my Savage Beardslayer into to a pussycat. I swear that that head shave was as smooth as if I'd done it with my Krona and a Feather (A big YMMV here )! This was by far the smoothest closest shave my dome dome has ever had. Zero nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation surprisingly!

These blades
simply amazed me so I just pulled the trigger on 500!
My new go to I guess!

~Jason

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
So far, I have found Nacets to be below average in terms of both comfort and longevity. If they were all I had, I would use them, but I won't be rushing to replace them. There's too many other blades that I'd prefer to have instead.

Nacets have been pretty good for me. My 4th Nacet is nearing it's end after 12 shaves. I imagine it will get close to 20 for me, but it's not shaving as close any longer. If I didn't have so many other blades, I'd consider adding 100 to my blade inventory, as they have been smooth and comfortable in my Ikon Tech (with a shim).

Top Bottom