What's new

Gillette Nacet blades, are they really that good?

been awhile since ive posted here... had a beard the last two years... just stopped by to say these blades are crazy good. ive probably went through about 50 of em in my shave career. no cuts. BBS (in the places my face can be)... have 100 more coming. and going to try the gillette platinums. ordered 25 and heard those were good too. but nacets are about as good as it gets for sharpness and smoothness.

been awhile since ive posted here... had a beard the last two years... just stopped by to say these blades are crazy good. ive probably went through about 50 of em in my shave career. no cuts. BBS (in the places my face can be)... have 100 more coming. and going to try the gillette platinums. ordered 25 and heard those were good too. but nacets are about as good as it gets for sharpness and smoothness.
Love Nacets also, you should try Perma sharps, and Astra Blues....also crazy good

It's great to see a thread like this keep popping back up. I noticed I had posted on this and hunted down what I wrote. Back in 2015 I said I was convinced and was going to order some Nacets. Well, it's been five years and they're still one of my favorite blades and usually the ones I load the first time using a razor.

Also, I learned something new today from a razor blade supplier. Notice the “i” in Gillette. The dot above it. Square dot is new stock. The round dot is old. And now you know.
proxy.php
Thanks didn't know this at all 💯👍

Ah I just shaved again with the mighty Nacet for its 9th use. It’s still smooth and sharp. I might order 200 more of them thru Amazon. Man I love this blade!

The discontinued Nacet Platinums had 2 crocodiles cut by the blade. Doesn't mean they were sharper than the Stainless. On the contrary.
To the OP: If you can shave with every blade you are lucky. My guess is your whiskers are not the toughest type.

Did the Nacet Platinums with the '80s style (thin) logo come from Russia too?

Like these:

1614455319313.png

The blades do not have 'K'-coding. Just lines:

1614455340019.png

Did the Nacet Platinums with the '80s style (thin) logo come from Russia too?

Like these:

View attachment 1229315

The blades do not have 'K'-coding. Just lines:

View attachment 1229317

The Canadian Amazon seller I buy most of my blades from is selling these. Insane price, so I won’t be buying any, but they are made in England...

Thanks!

These are not the same blades. No Gillette logo and there's an inscription on the thinner side of the box (mine have none).

Also, they are made not in England but for England.

There are NACET platinums made in Russia some 10-15 years ago.

IMG_20210227_232546.jpg
IMG_20210227_232607.jpg

But the ones on your photo are not made in Russia, simply because that logo was put on razors and blades until 1991. And Gillette bought the Russian blades plant in 1996. Do you have those blades, or do you have the photo only?

Yes, I have these blades. And there are no other inscriptions on the boxes (or blades) whatsoever.

There were two Gillette factories in Russia. The one at Pulkovskoye is the newer one. The first was a joint-venture with Leninets, closer to SPb waterfront. They've started as early as 1990 IIRIC and at first it was arguably a bit of a makeshift production. So probably some things were shuffled a bit like these old logos. I'm just speculating though.

The new logo has been introduced in the last months of 1989 with the introduction of the Sensor razor. I seriously doubt they would start production of new blades in a new plant in Russia in 1990 with the old logo. I know for sure Nacets were made in England and France. The blades you have might be made in France. From 1987 to 1991 there were quite a lot of Gillette blades in Europe made in the factory in Annecy, without stating France or Annecy. Do your blades have a letter code at all?

Unfortunately, no coding at all.

Thanks for the info! Indeed, I have Gillette Super Stainless in dispensers which were attributed as French-made on this forum but with no such statings on the blades/boxes.

Unfortunately, no coding at all.

Thanks for the info! Indeed, I have Gillette Super Stainless in dispensers which were attributed as French-made on this forum but with no such statings on the blades/boxes.
Because that info "Made in France" was put on the blister card of those Super Stainless blades(they were made for the USA, not Europe).

Gillette Nacet blades, are they really that good?

No, they aren't really that good. They're ways better than that! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The Nacet has become my everyday blade in the Muehle R94 "Rocca", which has become my everyday razor.
That Simpson brush, the white Proraso soap and green Proraso after-shave lotion have become part of my everyday shaving gear, too.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom