What's new

Gillette Nacet blades, are they really that good?

Since October have been running with Voskhods to get rid of the 100 i bought, not impressed.

Put a Nacet in today and it was so much better in all regards to the Voskhod. The Voskhod's could never come close to the visual final results of today's shave never mind any other aspect. The few Nacets i've used before out of this tuck, i'm sure i was counting weeks per blade where Voskhod's were quite consistently done at four shaves.

Always the same razor.
dave

Used one for my last three shaves, absolutely fantastic blade, no weepers or irritation. its knocked Astra SP out of my top 5 although I still like those a lot too. I class Nacet as my Voskhod, didn't care for those much, a slight improvement over the Derby Extra which I hate.

These are great blades. Got one in a Sample pack and has been performing good for over a month no irritation.
Don't know if I'll ever change it.
Best of pack so far.

During my first six months or so of DE shaving i tried many many blades. In the end feathers seemed sharpest but felt aggressive. Nacets were equally sharp but much more comfortable. I have a heavy coarse beard and i change blades after two shaves. Shave 3 feels like a garden rake if i dont. Nacets are my fav tho

Just had my 1st shave with a Nacet in a Mühle 89. Quite impressed, very close shave, no irritation. Somehow, though, to me they don't feel much sharper than Israeli Personnas or GSB's.

Thanks to the OP and all contributors. With everyone's own opinions, i ordered a Gillette sampler pack, completed the yellows and the Nacet starts tomorrow, looking forward to it for some reason.

I'm in love with the Nacets I've used in my R41 and Grande - such a smooth and efficient shave. So I just ordered 100 from Jordan. Can anyone say if the Jordan Nacets are identical in quality to other sources?

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I started DE shaving in November, 2017. By the new year, I had tried a dozen or so blades and liked the 7oclock Green the best, so I bought 100 of them and used them as my only blade for 2018. I was using different soaps and razors all the time, so I thought I would have one constant. I like the Green 7OCs, they worked well. For 2019, I decided to go with the Nacets and I have to say, I like them better. They seem sharper and smoother. I have switched to a straight for my face, but I still use a DE for my head. Nacets are really that good!

I'm in love with the Nacets I've used in my R41 and Grande - such a smooth and efficient shave. So I just ordered 100 from Jordan. Can anyone say if the Jordan Nacets are identical in quality to other sources?

les24preludes,

I can't comment on other sources but the stuff from Jordan seems legit.

They cut almost as well as a feather and lasts 20 shaves or more, I'll say they are the real deal.

naughtilus,

They are most definitely not made in Jordan but Russia although, there is no mention anywhere in English about them being made Russia except to say contact P&G

IMG_20190502_170849.jpg
IMG_20190502_170913.jpg

Top Bottom