What's new

Gillette Nacet blades, are they really that good?

I am still new to saftey razors. Buy yesterday I used the nacet with my double combed DOC from Phoenix Artisan. The shave was amazing. Not a nick on my neck. This was part of a sample pack and I have this on my list.

Nacet and med prep are my favorite blades by a mile. I use Nacet in my 34c and med preps in my slim. Gsb were meh, voskhod are nice on a high slim setting, astra I hated, feather is ok but blade longevity is awful.

It's weird

I have had a tuck of 5 for something like 6 months now. I have tried at least one of every other sample I got at the same time.

I have sort of put them aside as a holy grail thinking they must be the best blade but I'm not good enough at shaving yet to try them out.

I will get there eventually.

I think you may like them. They have a nice combination of smooth and sharp for most people.
Judging from my first shave just now, you could well be right! A lovely smooth/sharp combination, and it coped very well when I put it through its paces ATG. If it lasts for five shaves, which is my target for a blade, it will become a regular.

Judging from my first shave just now, you could well be right! A lovely smooth/sharp combination, and it coped very well when I put it through its paces ATG. If it lasts for five shaves, which is my target for a blade, it will become a regular.

And just to round it off: my first Nacet blade did indeed last for five comfortable, smooth, irritation-free shaves. It felt as if it might have another shave or two in it, but I never push my blades beyond five shaves, so I'm happy. It's as good as the other blades I have in my regular rotation (Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows; Astra SP; Polsilver SI; Personna Red), so the Nacet will join them as a regular.

I just tried them and did 7 nice shaves with one blade, to me they are in the same league of feathers (my favourite until now) but definitely less expensive. While I don't like voshkod, I was able to get only 3 shaves with them

Top Bottom