What's new

Gillette Nacet blades, are they really that good?

Nacets are excellent for me. I bin a blade after 3 or 4 shaves, not trying to push my luck. I think the first shave, although good, does not compare to those that follow. Price point is decent too.

For me and given my DE89, Super Iridiums, Rubies, Silver Blues, and Gillette Platinums are better than Nacets. Nacets are good (about like Perma-Sharps), but not the top.

For me and given my DE89, Super Iridiums, Rubies, Silver Blues, and Gillette Platinums are better than Nacets. Nacets are good (about like Perma-Sharps), but not the top.
Yeah
I tried Nacet and thought it was a good blade until I tried Silver blue. But that all changed after I tried BIC Chrome platinum. No more annoying glue and I can comfortably shave even with a minimal prep.

I got a pack of these in a sampler a while ago and these immediately became my go to blade! They are so smooth I thought I got a dud blade, because I couldn't even feel it on my face. I touched my cheek to find it surprisingly smooth! It's an extremely smooth yet sharp blade!

Haven't been here in years, but finally needed to up the blade supply, and this thread made me buy some Nacet's. Thanks folks.

Can anyone compare them to Polsilver SI and Perma-Sharp Super blades, which are my current favorites in terms of sharpness and smoothness.
Maybe a fraction sharper then the Polsilver's and perma sharps but also a fraction less smooth

I love IB, but here in Canada- I used to be able to buy Nacet’s from IB for $16. Now they’ve jumped up by $11. That’s crazy.
I just checked the site and they are showing $20 for 100.. Wow, I guess IB was running a sell a couple of years ago because I was able to pick up a few hundred for $12 per..

I just checked Amazon and found this great deal free ship with Prime..

I love IB, but here in Canada- I used to be able to buy Nacet’s from IB for $16. Now they’ve jumped up by $11. That’s crazy.
i look for their daily deals (which seem to last for longer than a single day) and just got 100 Nacets for about $12.

i look for their daily deals (which seem to last for longer than a single day) and just got 100 Nacets for about $12.

I can assure at least with last 2 or 3 weeks, there is no such good deal of Nacet.
Because deal of the day blades in the past few weeks are VOSKHOD / TATRA and Tiger, but now the deals are gone as well.

-- By someone who is keep tracking .68 with HD handle in wishlist.

I can assure at least with last 2 or 3 weeks, there is no such good deal of Nacet.
Because deal of the day blades in the past few weeks are VOSKHOD / TATRA and Tiger, but now the deals are gone as well.

-- By someone who is keep tracking .68 with HD handle in wishlist.
i've seen in twice... once when i was on vacation and not really in a position to purchase them and again a couple of months later... whether they will do it again is unknown but I have seen it twice.

Also, I learned something new today from a razor blade supplier. Notice the “i” in Gillette. The dot above it. Square dot is new stock. The round dot is old. And now you know.
proxy.php

Hmm, based on the box art - if they can cut an alligator in half I'll have to give them a whirl soon.
The discontinued Nacet Platinums had 2 crocodiles cut by the blade. Doesn't mean they were sharper than the Stainless. On the contrary.
To the OP: If you can shave with every blade you are lucky. My guess is your whiskers are not the toughest type.

Haven’t had any Nacets for awhile but just placed an order for 100. I missed using them. They are nice and SHARP great in a Tech. Earlier I felt that they were a little bit rough but it may have been that I was using them in the wrong razor. So I’ll give them another chance. Anyways, I can’t wait for them to arrive....!

Top Bottom