What's new

do you listen to music while shaving?

Every time! I've always got something playing on my iPhone when I'm showering/shaving. Lately it's been Entrails, Skinless, Anaal Nathrakh, Soilwork.. Nothing particular for shaving though

I'm with the guys who want audio feedback from the razor. To quote from the Ballad of John Henry, "listen to the cold steel sing."

And yes, I'm a cold water shaver.

I always seem to put on Mumford & sons for the shower and shave. Mellow and folky. Motorhead??? I don't think my poor face could handle any hard rock while shaving. I would probably start having flashbacks from the mach 3 days LOL

Motoheads are for wooziesssssss - I listen to Pantera & SlipKnot while I shave.......yeahhhhhhhh
This makes me laugh,I tried the ol music thing and being that I like music on the more aggressive side the two DID NOT mix!
Inflames,Meshuggah even METALLICA!!!! take too much away from shaving for me!!!

I usually listen to some Progressive or Deep House. Quite relaxing and allows me to focus. Sometimes,silence is nice also!

Shaving is my quiet time, an almost meditative or zen-like experience, a calming, relaxing way to start my day before the crap of everyday life has to enter my thoughts.

I like dead silence while shaving so I can hear the razor cutting through the hair. Especially on the last pass so I know if I'm getting close enough aka no longer cutting hair.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm a music teacher and professional musician, but I hate "aural molasses." When I play music my intent is to listen to the music.

When shaving I don't want all the emotions music can inspire. I don't want any emotion - I want to be one with the blade. I want to be calm. I want to be quiet.

Top Bottom