What's new

What do you listen to while you shave?

Another vote for nothing. I like to enjoy the last bit of peace and quiet before having to go deal with the world. I don't even think about anything else. I become one with the razor.

There is a "Zen" to wet shaving that just isn't present with a Gillette Good News and a can of Barbasol, isn't there? I totally get the silence thing.

Usually my razor singing the whacking melody... But today, my wife showering and talking to me :S, not really sure what she said... I was focused on the shave.

For me, it's either silence or DP. On the weekends, I'm fortunate enough to be joined by my 10 year old daughter who builds my lather and shaves with me.

I shave most often very late at night, before sleep. Silence is best then, a quiet shave followed by a few minutes on the terrace, sitting and relaxing. It's been very warm here (SoCal.)

Day shaves are different; MSNBC from the bedroom teevee, or, best, opera. Not Wagner. Puccini, Mozart, yes, please.

I haven't a routine for shaving music, it very much depends on my mood, lately it's a 50s-60s compilation, or a Soul automatically generated radio (both on spotify). If I'm more on the contemplative mood it can be some slow meditation music or just nothing. But then again I range from 90s eurodance to classical

Barry White and Etta James Radio on Pandora via my phone and a great little portable speaker from Radio Shack.

Top Bottom