What's new

What do you listen to while you shave?

I suppose most of us have a routine of sorts. A few months ago I was helping remodel a customer's kitchen and every day I was there his shower and shave music was pretty loud Led Zepplin. He was a well to do bachelor.

I'm a political junkie, so for me in the morning it's Bill Bennett's "Morning in America". I also like the traffic updates so as to plan my route.

I'm making a CD of the opera "Pagliacci" as the "gag" component of the DE kit I'm giving my stepfather for Christmas. He's Italian-American. I'm listening to it now. You know, this Dago caterwauling ain't half bad!

Just kidding, Italians. Put those straight razors away!

I listen to my straight razor cut the whiskers. Because I touch up my own edges, I want to hear and feel the blade cutting and music is a distraction for me.

Frank

The sweet stillness of the morning, water dripping slowly into the sink of hot water, the buttering toast sound as I clean my face for another day. Basically it's just my quiet time until I get to work.

I too like it where the only thing I hear is the slash of whiskers being cut by the razor. Works especially well when buffing, the less you hear, the better on your way to DFS or BBS land.

Three votes for The Sound of Silence. Thankfully, not the Simon and Garfunkel variety...

Last edited:
What do I listen to? Nothing. I would find music to be a distraction to what I've come to know as a very tranquil and relaxing morning ritual.

I begin by counting breaths for several minutes. As I listen to the sound of my brush whipping up lather in my bowl, the sound of running water is soothing especially while inhaling the scent of my shave soap. The sound of my razor mowing down row after stinking row of those mangy whiskers. I also listen to and am aware of my stream of thoughts, allowing them to arise and pass away without interference. This is a time to meditate while developing a plan for the day. I love shaving every dang day. :thumbup:

I don't have anything on for my weekday shaves since everyone in the house is usually still asleep. But on my weekend shaves, I am usually listening to country music.

Usually nothing. But NPR news is relaxing enough for me that I'll put that on from time to time.

All that soft talking is acceptable. Anything else f is distracting

NPR on the weekends for me too. For some reason the AM stations think political junkies like me disappear and are replaced by people who want to hear gardening and financial advice shows.

NPR on the weekends for me too. For some reason the AM stations think political junkies like me disappear and are replaced by people who want to hear gardening and financial advice shows.

I miss Art Bell's old coast to coast am days!
Nothing like driving cross country through the night listening to Art.
He was my only memorable AM radio experience

Top Bottom