What's new

do you listen to music while shaving?

B

BJJ

I listen MPB (popular brazilian music), makes part of the relaxing ritual.

Sometimes I like some good classical music while I shave. I have a Gustav Holst station on Pandora which is my go to music for listening to when I am working on something. It just makes everything I do feel epic and important.

However,i listen to audiobooks a lot while driving, and sometime while eating and doing other things around the house, and I just recently started listening to them while showering as well, so it kinda carried on to the after shower shave. I was worried at first that it would be distracting and I would have a hard time concentrating on the shave, but so far that hasn't been the case.

I just finished going back throug Lord of The Rings for the billionth time and am now listening to the Hobbit again on audiobook.

I always listen to music.

I stopped doing at for a while at the start of my return to wet shaving, as I was trying to concentrate so much that it threw me off a little but once I got my rhythm going, it was back on!

Nowadays, it's always an album or my iPod on shuffle or whatever that mix setting is called. Never the radio as half of the shave would be spent listening to adverts :sneaky2:

Mark

I'm just learning to shave with a DE, so I need to pay attention to the sound the blade is making. When it cuts well, that's sweet music indeed!

I like listening to comedy podcasts like *** with Marc Maron or Comedy Bang Bang. It's not bad - it can get a little scary when I'm trying to shave and something makes me laugh really hard.

I listen to Comedy Radio in the mornings during my whole routine. This morning though I was listening to Glen Phillips (Folksy Artist). I could still hear my blade cutting my wiskers though.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I got the radio on. I have an app to get pretty much any radio station. I'm on a station in Germany at the moment that plays music from the '90s

Shave realted: AC/DC the Razor Edge of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have nice shaving stuff yet but when i shave i do listen to some music.
Hardcore and Metalcore mostly ... not for any particular reason other than me liking the genre.
I don't find is distractive even being hard/fast-pasted/angry music

I do now and then, my bathroom is set up fairly unfriendly for my laptop...I don't use cd's or physical media...only digital so yeah...but now and then I will set it up to play some tunes, good for a change.

Depends on my mood. For an evening shave I usually listen to jazz or opera. I've been on an opera kick lately and find myself strangely drawn to dramatic death scenes while shaving...

:death:

I like to listen to music but my tastes are eclectic. Yesterday I listened to the Misfits, today was Bach who knows what tomorrow will be!

Polka Time by Frankie Yankovich
Gotta love the rhythm with the tuba bass for timing
Jeden, dwa, trey OOmpah

I might have to listen to Duel by Propaganda - the chorus lyrics go like this:
The first cut won't hurt at all
The second only makes you wonder.
The third will have you on your knees
You start bleeding I start screaming

Top Bottom