What's new

🐗 Decemboar. Yup. It’s a thing! 🐗

Semogue 1305

20201209-Semogue_1305.jpg

Shave #9. Received a new tub of DK Darkfall last night. Scooped a generous amount into a bowl and loaded in the bowl with a still dripping brush. Had just enough lather for two passes. Will try same method with an Omega that has years of use to see if it
Resizer_16075253810931.jpg
creates more lather. This Zenith has been used less than five times.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
DecemBoar 2020 #9
20201209_151209~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: PermaSharp (1)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club (SOC) Premium Boar, Taj Resin Handle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

DecemBoar 2020 has sure been a lot of fun! :cool:

Shave #10. Used the same amount of soap from the same tub using the same scoop/bowl method but with a boar that probably has 50 shaves on it as opposed to five to see if it was more generous with the amount of lather produced. Marginally more, but not significantly more. Anxious to get back to the unbleached tomorrow.
Resizer_16076117550370.jpg

View attachment 1192876

The friendly DHL driver brought a package containing the above, a few new boar brushes I look forward to getting to know.
@zoidberg
Honestly if I could click the "Like" button 10 times, I would do it. Those Goodfellas brushes are Omegas, as you probably know. The right one is the 10019. Not sure which of the Pro brushes is the left one. And Proraso is one of my favourites.

@zoidberg
Honestly if I could click the "Like" button 10 times, I would do it. Those Goodfellas brushes are Omegas, as you probably know. The right one is the 10019. Not sure which of the Pro brushes is the left one. And Proraso is one of my favourites.

I think the one on the left 'The Wild Hog' is a slightly modified 49 with a slightly lower loft with a different shaped knot. According to the website it's 3/4 fan shape, 1/4 bulb shape and from my own measurements it's knot is 26.2mm wide with a loft of 56.4mm.

I've owned a fair number of different brand brushes, be it synth, boar or badger but I find my Omega boars even though they are the cheapest brushes I own, are the ones I use the most and provide the most pleasure during the shave.

It goes against the mindset of 'the more exclusive the product is the greater satisfaction it will provide', but I find I take the most pleasure from using products that easily available including using a setup that largely consists of Omega boar brushes, Gillette Techs, PPI blades and tallow shaving sticks.

I have nothing against exclusive products or ones made by artisans but these are the ones I enjoy the most.

Top Bottom