What's new

🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ— DecemBOAR 2023!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ—

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasta

Blade Biter
Yaqi Mellon SS, GSB (4), Omega Midget, CRS Wild Rose, Floid.

The small piglet barely held enough lather for two passes, so glide wasn't as good as I'm used to. But, the razor and blade combo stepped up and carried the day!

20231203_115153.jpg

I know this thread is about are beloved boar brushes especially. But that handle on the razor is simply gorgeous, were can i get these?

Hi Mannic, these are custom made by a guy called Handyman 1973 in China. He doesn't have much online presence, but if you have a design in mind, I'd be happy to get you through to him.
Β 
I did not take your comment badly at all. No way you were out of line. So now I'm feeling like I didn't express myself well and was sounding defensive!

Like most anybody on a shaving forum, I'm taking my interests and accumulations with some humor and a grain of salt.

If anything, I was slightly guilty of teasing @ivan_101 , who I suspect knows more Omega brush numbers than anyone. And who might own a few Omegas as well.

What defence? Defence means you feel guilty. 🀣
No guilt here.
A quick count of the current amount shows at least 85-87 Omega boars. They are at different places. Rough estimation, as I know how many of each model I have but I might have missed a model. 10-12 are in use, the other are in their boxes.
The model I have the most spares is 10081. 13 boxed ones as I currently don't use one.
Also have 3 Semogue models and 6 Spokar boar brushes. We are not talking synthetics (probably 20-25) or badgers (I only have 5 I think and very rarely use them).
Β 
Last edited:
DecemBOAR 2, shave 2

IMG_5837.jpeg

RR Superslant
L1++OC / Nacet

Prep - heavily mentholated Van Der Hagen/ Ever-Ready boar re-knotted

Shave - Proraso green/Stanley rocket ship looking boar, vintage knot

IMG_5814.jpeg

Yeah, that's the same Stanley that makes the very popular hand tools. Is there a Stanley DE out there somewhere, waiting to get snagged in my trapline?

Fast late night shave. I can't seem to get my shaves in earlier. Two of my goofier looking vintage brushes.
Β 
What defence? Defence means you feel guilty. 🀣
No guilt here.
A quick count of the current amount shows at least 85-87 Omega boars. They are at different places. Rough estimation, as I know how many of each model I have but I might have missed a model. 10-12 are in use, the other are in their boxes.
The model I have the most spares is 10081. 13 boxed ones as I currently don't use one.
Also have 3 Semogue models and 6 Spokar boar brushes. We are not talking synthetics (probably 20-25) or badgers (I only have 5 I think and very rarely use them).

I'm with you. Omega has the best knots. And so many different handles!
Β 
Date03.12.2023
365 daily shaves
337/365
DecemBOAR03/31
DEcember05/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash09/32

RazorBladeBrush
MΓΌhle Rocca R94Gillette Silver Blue (8)Omega Proraso
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)9/10 (Old weeper)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.5/10 (DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - Third Rocca shave and a smooth Sunday shave unfolded.

Fantastic lather with the Omega today. Silky smooth and excellent hydration. No hogging either - or at least not as much as I am used to. Marvellous!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
Β 
DecemBOAR, Palmolive Sunday, SABRE Sunday!

3rd use of the black 10049 just to try and get it a bit more broken in. I also have a new 10005 to work on later this month, and am waiting for a couple of 10065s to arrive (unfortunately, I was sent S10065s by mistake so I am currently sorting out the exchange).

Just soaking the brush at the moment, then I shall enjoy a leisurely shave before lunch. Palmolive and the Parker PTB are a tried and true recipe for success, so if the shave is less than stellar it will be all down to my technique wandering!

20231203_111613.jpg
Β 
3rd of Decemboar……
The classic Omega Jade boar. I like this brush but I find the little Omega travel just as satisfying TBH…that little brush is great but let down by the grip on the handle which digs in to my fingers.
IMG_6162.jpeg

Henson Ti+++ paired with a Suneko blade. Never used this blade before but I like the packaging…no annoying glue spots and double wrapped. Blade looks top quality. 10 in a tuck.
Arko soap in my old chromed travel tube.
Hot rinse and straight in with a good face lathering.
Wow!! This blade feels excellent..sharp yet smooth. 1st pass ATG has taken care of most stubble.
2nd pass..loving the slick Arko lather. This blade is damn good…leaving it at a 2 pass shave today and it’s a great one.
BBS….very impressed with this blade.
I got a weeper on the chin which usually indicates sharp blade when used with my Henson. Overall a tip top Sunday morning shave and these blades could be a new favourite…more shaves required but first impression is very positive indeed.
Β 
Soaked it for about an hour and a half. I am ever more convinced that longer is better, and there is no such thing as "too long".

That brush has never had less than an hour in soak before use and so far it hasn't lost a single hair. Coincidence?

Maybe, but so far it seems to work. It also keeps elephants out of the bathroom.
:facep:

I forgot you like them floppy.
It is not a coincidence. You soak a bigger part of the knot, the possibillity of shedding gets less and less. The bigger part of the bristle gets wet and it makes it more elastic, i.e. less prone to breaking. Your super long soaking makes the water reach a bigger part of the legth of the bristle, even if you soak in only 1 cm of water.
Β 
Day 3 - Semogue Owners Club

20231203_103943.jpeg

It's still a love/hate affair with this piggy... as much as I love the plushness of this knot, it still sports three or four bristles which feel like needles whilst swirling... But I can't find them for the life of me... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Enjoy your Sunday!
Cheers!
Β 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom