What's new

Czardom of Cheddar's 2011 Winter PIF

Allright, the deadline has been reached. The following 10 are the entrants. One will be chosen, 9 will go home with...nothing! Anyhow, my wife is harassing me about getting on the computer, so the winner will be announced later this evening.

CaptainK

mkc1mjb

the_ogre25

jtb

namya

damooshki

Jaybh1974

nrdoty

docfitch

Jethro1984

Allright, the deadline has been reached. The following 10 are the entrants. One will be chosen, 9 will go home with...nothing! Anyhow, my wife is harassing me about getting on the computer, so the winner will be announced later this evening.

CaptainK

mkc1mjb

the_ogre25

jtb

namya

damooshki

Jaybh1974

nrdoty

docfitch

Jethro1984

Hold on a sec, whatever happened to "Whoa woman! This is official Czardom Business. " :001_tongu

The results are in and the winner has been notified. This was a great PIF, and thanks to the 10 who participated. I really wish I could give the other 9 something, but such is the way of things.

Night Crawler did his part well. I wrote down the usernames on separate pieces, and balled them up. I piled them in front of Night Crawler. He "selected" 5, which I placed once again in front of him, and he chose 2 of those. I never looked at any of the ones he chose, until he selected the final one. One he bit, another he tried to eat and the other three he batted. So, talk about a random selection!

The results are in and the winner has been notified. This was a great PIF, and thanks to the 10 who participated. I really wish I could give the other 9 something, but such is the way of things.

Night Crawler did his part well. I wrote down the usernames on separate pieces, and balled them up. I piled them in front of Night Crawler. He "selected" 5, which I placed once again in front of him, and he chose 2 of those. I never looked at any of the ones he chose, until he selected the final one. One he bit, another he tried to eat and the other three he batted. So, talk about a random selection!

Thanks Ray and Night Crawler for all the hard work! Now... who was the winner?

1. Which historical person is my username in honor of?

A: Francis Marion

2. Who was his nemesis?

A: Banastre Tarleton

3. Who played this person on a Disney TV Series?

A: Leslie Nielsen

4. What movie is loosely and partially based on this person?

A: The Patriot

5. Name at least 3 states that have cities or counties named for this person.

Answer may vary. At least 31 states have a city or county named for him.

6. The TV show inaccurately stated in its theme song that this person wore what on his hat?

A tail

7. In which state did this person live?

South Carolina

8. In which town in his home state is there a university named for this person?

Florence, SC

9. What was this person's favorite drink?

Vinegar and water. The actual ratio varies by source.

10. What did this person break when he attempted to escape a party by jumping out of a 3rd story window?

His ankle

Thanks for all who tried!

[ACCEPTANCE_SPEECH] I'd like to thank everybody for the congratulations. And, I'd like to thank Swampfox for the fun and challenging history lesson, and the awesome prize package. But, most of all, I want to thank Night Crawler for the win! :thumbup1: [/ACCEPTANCE_SPEECH]

Top Bottom