What's new

Canadian Club

I have been "working on" a couple of friends, talking about traditional shaving.

Hope to get them on board for any future rounds of the West/East Coast pif boxes.

A great wayto allow new shavers to try different products.

That is excellent. I usually PIF inexpensive vintage razors and drug store brushes to friends and family to get them hobgoblin

Thought I'd share a pic of my Canadian razor:

$canadianrazors1_small.jpg

I spend a lot of my time outside the country, but when I am back I reside in the land of unwanted windmills, Bruce County Ontario.

I'd like to join up, if that's alright.

Originally from England, but came to Canada in 1952 and became a citizen in 1963. Now living in Edmonton, Alberta.

I got RAD back in January of this year and I'm loosing count of how many razors I've acquired since the start of the year.

I have two "Made In Canada" razors that I just received and have not yet cleaned up:

The first is:
$1.JPG
The closest I can come to identifying it is this link from Mr. Razor:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1940 NEW gold special Canada.jpg
The eBay listing called it "gold" and I see remnants of the original plated, but most has worn away over the years.

The second one is:
$1.jpg
Which is (I believe) a 1932 Patent (Pre-War) Canada Fat Handle Tech with the triangular slots.

I will be cleaning them up this weekend -- I can hardly wait to try them out. Wish me luck.

PS: After looking at the Mr. Razor link to the 1940 NEW Gold Special, would you prefer to leave it looking "antique" or have it replated?

Last edited:
I'd like to join up, if that's alright.

Originally from England, but came to Canada in 1952 and became a citizen in 1963. Now living in Edmonton, Alberta.

I got RAD back in January of this year and I'm loosing count of how many razors I've acquired since the start of the year.

I have two "Made In Canada" razors that I just received and have not yet cleaned up:

The first is:
The closest I can come to identifying it is this link from Mr. Razor:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1940 NEW gold special Canada.jpg
The eBay listing called it "gold" and I see remnants of the original plated, but most has worn away over the years.

The second one is:
Which is (I believe) a 1932 Patent (Pre-War) Canada Fat Handle Tech with the triangular slots.

I will be cleaning them up this weekend -- I can hardly wait to try them out. Wish me luck.

PS: After looking at the Mr. Razor link to the 1940 NEW Gold Special, would you prefer to leave it looking "antique" or have it replated?
Congrats! I have the exact same razors, a Gillette NEW Long Comb with a standard bar handle, and a Fat Handle Tech 1938-1945. Both are very good razors and in my rotation. I have one NEW LC with all of the gold plating intact and I have 3 others with varying degrees of plate loss. I personally like them when they show their age, and the one razor with all of the plating gone has bent corner teeth and i think it shaves a little better than the others. Replating is totally up to you, but it does not affect the quality of the shave at all.
Welcome to B&B from Grande Prairie.

Welcome! Where in England did you come from?

I made the trek over from Derby many moons ago.

Born in West Yorkshire during WWII.
Moved to Lancashire to start school (and for Dad to get a job -- he worked at AVRO in Yorkshire during the war).
Came to Canada when I was eight years old. Canadian since 1963 (first Montreal area, then Alberta since Rene Levesque took over in La Belle Province).

Born in West Yorkshire during WWII.
Moved to Lancashire to start school (and for Dad to get a job -- he worked at AVRO in Yorkshire during the war).
Came to Canada when I was eight years old. Canadian since 1963 (first Montreal area, then Alberta since Rene Levesque took over in La Belle Province).

My family also left Montreal when he got in power, so many people felt the same. It's a shame really as I feel Montreal could have been Canada's major city.

AVRO, now that was some company, shame what Canada did to it. My father worked at Rolls Royce.

Thanks for sharing mate.

I know I'll want back in on both of these a great way to try some different stuff and will be buying aftershave for the first time in a long time since I had the east coast box! Bump this for some pass around promotion.

I have to say I feel very fortunate to have purchased some new made in Canada shaving products recently, Soapybathman Lumberjack soap and aftershave balm, and Razorock's new Slant and Black Mamba razors. Can't wait to try out these top shelf Canadian made products!

Top Bottom