What's new

Canadian Club

Just wanted to say hi...Canadian Military Police here...7 years service completed, and proud to be a member of the Canadian Club.

Welcome to the best little club on B&B. The "Canadian Club". Reminds me that Canadian Club on the rocks was one of my favorite drinks back in the day when I did drink. My favorite drink today is H20.

Hmmm...no Canadians from 2015 until 2017? Maybe we need a focus. "Made in Canada Mondays?" And break out that misunderstood Made in Canada 1932 tech (hey, that's that's the Pat. date, not the year! No doubt about it).

What other Made in Canada stuff have we got? We can pair that tech with some Tallow & Steel, First Canadian, or even Soapy Bathman from my neighbourbood (with a "u," eh) in the West Beyond the West, aka, British Columbia. Splash on some Midnight & Two balm. Have we got brush makers?

I think We have to have some Canadian Content on here by law, so

Cheers,
Mark

Been away from B&B for a little while, but just discovered this. Another Canadian checking in.

As for Canadian brush makers, I know RazoRock, Henry et Victoria and Deluxe all have brushes carrying their brand (and all make soap) not sure who makes them though. There are a few other Canadian soap makers whose names are escaping me at the moment.

Just want to share this info for anyone in the Montreal area but I found a gem of a pharmacy that stocks Italian shaving/hair/body products. Proxim pharmacy on Newman Blvd in Lasalle. My girlfriend lives in that area so I've been there a few times, however last week while there and waiting for her I browsed the aisles and discovered a trough of brands from Proraso, Omega, Borotalco, Brillantina Linetti (both original lavender and al mallo di noce), Malizia, Felce Azzurra and others. Definitely check them out if you can. A hidden gem!

Just want to share this info for anyone in the Montreal area but I found a gem of a pharmacy that stocks Italian shaving/hair/body products. Proxim pharmacy on Newman Blvd in Lasalle. My girlfriend lives in that area so I've been there a few times, however last week while there and waiting for her I browsed the aisles and discovered a trough of brands from Proraso, Omega, Borotalco, Brillantina Linetti (both original lavender and al mallo di noce), Malizia, Felce Azzurra and others. Definitely check them out if you can. A hidden gem!
Thanks !

Checking in, born and raised in Alberta, but in BC since I retired from the service in 2001. 7 years in the Armoured Corps. Oh, and I have a pre-war Canadian Tech...
A big fan of the Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars scent.

Canadian checking in!

From Quebec city originally, lived about 5 years in Montreal and have now been in Toronto for 7 years.

For Canadian product I only have a few Henri et Victoria soaps, a Canadian made old type and a bunch of razorock stuff although I understand they get most of their stuff made in Italy...

A big fan of the Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars scent.

Ya that stuff smells ridiculously good. Really boozy though. I wouldn't wanna get pulled over while wearing it...

Another Canadian here. I know I have some Canadian products in my collection. I'll have to have a look.

Another canuck shaver checking in here. Have I found my new 'safe place'? :w00t: What is our safe word? Lol

Lots of great CDN wetshaving products to choose from. Should we list them? Something interesting I have and like is the Prairie Cedar balm that Canadian Blade Co. produced with Soapy Bathman, now out of stock. Something in there burns my skin to all hell, I mean heck (maybe I'm allergic?), but it smells great and is very conditioning.

Interested in Canadian razors also. Anyone feel like PIF'ing a Wolfman?

Hi y'all, checking in from America's Attic. :) I did not realize we had a lightly attended forum thread.

As far as CanCon:
  • I have a Canadian made Gillette OC waiting for me for Christmas.
  • I recently passed up a Rubberset shaving brush (it was about $20) again the antique market.
  • Aqua Velva Original Sport is in my rotation and on my face today. :)

There are actually quite a few Canadian brush and razor craftspeople (e.g. APShaveCo coms to mind). No big names to my knowledge, except perhaps Wolfman. Soap makers and retailers plenty more!

Last edited:
Greetings from Halifax! Retiring in 2 weeks with 29 years and 1 day from the CAF. Last few weeks I’ve been using a Kamisori and my DE is a Rockwell 4S.

Top Bottom