What's new

🥶 ❄️ ⛄️ 🧊 SOTD - “Winter" Theme Week - December 18th to 24th, 2023 🥶 ❄️ ⛄️ 🧊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again, B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “Winter”. Winter shaving items and winter themed SOTD pics.

This year the winter solstice falls on Thursday, Dec. 21, officially kicking off winter in the Northern Hemisphere. It is getting colder out there for many of us and if you are anything like me, out comes the spicy and stronger scents.

We want to see your winter shaving stuff. Show us and tell us all about what you use in the colder weather. Apologies for our friends in Australia, New Zealand, Argentina and others in the Southern Hemisphere, but you can play along with whatever gear you are currently using!

We want to see pics that include your favourite winter soaps, AS and fragrances! Bonus points if you incorporate non-shaving components into your images. Snow, winter wear, hot cocoa, etc.

Nothing winter themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless.

Let’s see your winter shaving gear and winter themed photos!

And thanks to @BradWorld for running the SOTD thread last week while I was on vacation! 👍

blutt rasur 1,2 / wald a1 / γρύλος ευγενούς ενυδρίδας /φτερό/sv 70h
b5Bgxyc.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
20231217_122858.jpg

Razor: iKon DLC Slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet (D1)
Brush: Omega EVO Synthetic 28mm Special Veteran
Bowl: Captain's Choice
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Lavender
Shave Soap: Stirling's Glacial Lavender
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: TOBS Lavender Water

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_9106.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Platinum Blue Box White Lettering.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
B&B Essential Boar
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Al**
Blade
Personna Med Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & AoS Balm
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 6th and final day using the Henson Al** with a Personna Medical Prep blade. The result was another smooth, close shave. I could have gone for another shave but I decided I did not want to risk it. Today’s brush is a boar brush: the B&B Essential Boar. It provides plenty of lather and is gentle on the face. The Williams is on its 14th use. This was a perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Monday Morning Shave Mania

Pulled out the EverReady 1914 Travel Set. Shorter handle but she still handles very well. An awesome shave with one of my favorite Razors.

EverReady 1914 Razor - Travel Kit
GEM Personna SS PTFE Blade (2X)
Ariana & Evans Peaches and Congac Soap
AP ShaveCo 24mm Faux Horse Knot Brush
Brut Splash On
L T Piver Heliotrope Blanc Lotion

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, December 18th 2023

Razor : Gem Feather Weight(1OZ)- Mfg 1950-52 1st gen, 1953-54 2nd gen, mild to tame mid range. Well built to last many generations with a little care, the chrome is well done on this razor like most Gem razors. I must of had just the right pressure on this light razor for very nice shave. Had a stellar close & comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock M.F. - nice cologne fragranced soap with excellent lather qualities. Great sale on black Friday so why not.
Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock M.F :thumbsup: (interesting cologne fragranced splash 5-7/10 strength that lasts) with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem Feather weight razor with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD December 18 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

PhotoRoom_20231216_001612.jpeg

SOTD Dec 18th

Razor - Razorock Game Changer .84
Blade - Dorco Prime
Brush - Semogue 2000
Soap - Hwayeon Co. Terry's Soap HP&S
Post - Hwayeon Co. Terry's Soap HP&S

With the efficient and smooth razor and blade, I had a very comfortable shave.

The soap and splash I used this time give off really nice scent.

The scent from this set is inspired by Sauvage of Dior.

Citrusy and a bit of spicy scents tells the start and is followed by floral and a little bit of woody scents. Lastly it finishes with sweet musky smell from ambroxan.

Really nice smell and incredible lather with its high level of slickness and thickness added pleasure to the shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom