What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

What I heard @Blackland Razors tease in the last two videos was one new product that was different from anything else they have offered. We are supposed to hear about that soon and be able to order in the new year.

I'm sure Shane has other things in mind, but I didn't hear anything else teased specifically. Correct me if I am wrong, folks.
You are correct in your thinking based on your research.

I was involved in dialog elsewhere where Shane chimed in on the subject of an entry-level replacement. There's definitely something cooking on this front.

I wonder what direction they will go with the new entry level offering. It’s a shame the 3D printing concept didn’t work out. I’m confident that the technology will become much more accessible and it probably won’t take long.

I finally received my Era today (lvl 4&5 OC). No chance to shave with it but initial impressions are very good. Seems very well made. It looks great in person and feels great in hand. I didn’t notice from photos that the head geometry rather interesting and unique. Once I’ve had a few shaves with it and gathered my thoughts, I will share them here.

IMG-5956aaa.jpg

Haven't posted in a while and thought I'd have a shave for the festivities today so knowing I hadn't shaved in 3 days I pulled out the Ti OC plate for the Ti BB... I haven't used the OC for a while now as it just hadn't agreed with my technique at all since getting it and thought why not give it a spin since its been some time since using it, long story short, it will be going up for sale in the BST as I'm convinced now its just not for me!! I think I had 5 or 6 weepers with one of them being on my face which never happens with the Ti SB plate and can't remember the last time I've had one, but I'm sure it was the last time I used the Ti OC plate though...

Anyway, the overall shave today was very close and one of the better BBS shaves I've had but also felt some discomfort with the alum afterwards. No pics to share but everything else in the shave was on point.

Ti OC Blackbird
Feather blade 2nd use
Stirling Glacial Satsuma
DC Shaving brush w/ TurnNShave Quartermoon knot
Omega alum stick
Proraso Green A/S

Happy Thanksgiving everyone....🦃🍻

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Blackland Shave!

Wolf Whiskers Tux Brush (Wolf Themed)
Le Grand Chypre Soap and Splash (Mountain Goat Themed)
Ti Bird (Bird Themed)
Nacet (Alligator Themed)

I have waxed poetic about this shave in great detail in my shave journal. See the link in the signature. Happy Turkey everyone!

2022-11-24 12.33.38-1.jpg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I finally received my Era today (lvl 4&5 OC). No chance to shave with it but initial impressions are very good. Seems very well made. It looks great in person and feels great in hand. I didn’t notice from photos that the head geometry rather interesting and unique. Once I’ve had a few shaves with it and gathered my thoughts, I will share them here.
Looking forward to your thoughts, sir. The OC/L4 has been great for me.

Hey mate is there much difference from the blackbird Ss v brass?
I've never owned both the brass and the SS. I know the Brass is slightly heavier but I don't know how that would affect the shave. There are several members here that have both. Having the brass the other metals haven't tempted me.

BlackBird SS
BIC
TroyCraft 'Apollo' 26mm G5C fan
MdC Rose
Thayers Rose WH
WK Rose Concerto Splash

just starting to get over the worst gout attack of my life and as such didnt shave for a whole week, which in my case is practically a full beard :)

I was intending to tackle the beard with the JAWS, a perfect OC for so much hair but at the last moment decided to give the BB a run and see how it performed. Loaded up with a fresh BIC and WOW!!!

Could of been done with the first WTG pass, which produced a nice DFS+, but the shave was so good had to keep going. Three traditional passes got me an extremely smooth and comfortable BBS but I enjoyed the shave so much, had to go one more ATG on the face.

This last pass was pure bliss, BB is king in my den

IMG-6001a.jpg

556A2DEC-C4A4-4F24-96CF-3980039DD86A.jpeg

Winter Week / NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum

Soap: Wholly Kaw La Superieure Dulci Tobacco
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Musk
Post 3: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

After a one shave break to fly solo with the Dart, I'm back at it with the Bengall. I just can't resist challenging myself and wanting to master the skill of straights.

For today's shave I went with Wholly Kaw's Dulci Tobacco. This was my first time ever using a Wholly Kaw product. With my (fairly) new found love for tobacco scents this soap was an easy choice.

Right off the bat, I have to say this soap is amazing! With the lid off the jar it filled my bathroom with a beautifully creamy tobacco scent. Immediately I was a fan of the scent. The consistency was also noteworthy as well. It's very much a croap and is softer than any other soap I have.

I bowl lathered with my White Knight (synthetic). Since the soap was so soft my brush just gobbled it up. I was afraid I didn't use enough but to my surprise as I shaved, this soap kept pouring lather out of my brush.

I was enjoying this shave so much I think I did like a six-pass shave. Haha.

I did two with-the-grain passes with the Bengall and my first ever across the grain pass with it as well. I then switched over to the Dart for the remaining passes and like I said, the Wholly Kaw soap continued to provide lather for my face.

The Dart was just a pure joy to use. With this second use, I really got it dialed it. I'm honestly in love with this razor. It requires a light touch but is just oh so good! It's beautifully efficient.

I topped things off with some Aqua Velva Musk aftershave and then called it. All things considered, today's shave was perfect. A 10 / 10.

Alright gentlemen, there you have it. Stay safe, stay warm and shave on!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland Brotherhood
20221130_204411~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic Fan
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray

Superb 💯 shave! :cool:
20221130_204455~2.jpg

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal:
Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12030948

Blackland Brotherhood
20221201_140936~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray

Superb 💯 shave! :cool:
20221201_141018~2.jpg

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12032029

Top Bottom