What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

Fantastic shave with the Brass'Bird today.
Image129259243493573248.jpg

View attachment 1560007View attachment 1560008

I've been wanting a Blackland Dart for a long time, since I first laid eyes on it. The moment it was announced it was being re-released I knew I had to have one.

This has been a long time coming.
Got mine on Saturday #106. Shaved twice with it. First shave was a little rough, but my second shave was much better. Shaves close but I’m finding it a bit more finicky than the Blackbird.

Looking forward to getting to know it better. Hope you like your Dart.

Got mine on Saturday #106. Shaved twice with it. First shave was a little rough, but my second shave was much better. Shaves close but I’m finding it a bit more finicky than the Blackbird.

Looking forward to getting to know it better. Hope you like your Dart.
Thanks man. I'm looking forward to shaving with it. I hope you like yours as well.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland Brotherhood
20221120_121612~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Zebra Stripe (Shavemac 24mm D01 3-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco EdT Spray

Superb razor! :cool:
20221120_121652~2.jpg

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12019486

I have the Blackbird in the black oxide finish; I love the razor but sometimes feel that the oxide finish is a little draggy on my face compared to my chromed or stainless steel razors.
Is it possible to polish the oxide to:
A. Remove it completely and end up with a smooth, shiny, stainless steel finish?
B. Polish it just a little to make it drag less on my face but remain black?
I have Autosol polish I use to restore straight razors with, also Wet & Dry in #1500 grit, and '0000' steel wool.
Any advice or your experiences appreciated.

I have the Blackbird in the black oxide finish; I love the razor but sometimes feel that the oxide finish is a little draggy on my face compared to my chromed or stainless steel razors.
A. Remove it completely and end up with a smooth, shiny, stainless steel finish?
I have Autosol polish I use to restore straight razors with, also Wet & Dry in #1500 grit, and '0000' steel wool.
Maybe you could trade it for a machined or polished +/- cash?

B, is the most obvious answer. I've seen this done on a different razor and it actually turned out to look pretty cool. The black can start to shift to a dark blue color with the edges lightening up the most as the process just so happens to remove the most from the edges of all the pieces.

@Billhanna's suggestion of selling and/or trading is the easiest option for you if you don't want a project with the one you're referring to.

That’s a beautiful razor. I was awfully tempted by this release.
Most definitely. To both sentiments.

I let my reservations for both the Lambda Athena and Ares go to get the Dart instead. Unfortunately I couldn't have them all, so....

As we all do here, in some way or another, you can enjoy the Dart vicariously through me when I shave with it.

I feel like he mentioned two new razors; one DE, and the other[mystery blade].
Blackland most curtainly has new razors in the works. I know for sure that a new entry-level razor is on its way very soon to fill the gap the Dart and Era left behind.

I'm also pretty darn sure something else very special and unexpected is around the corner.

Start saving your pennies gentlemen. 😁

What I heard @Blackland Razors tease in the last two videos was one new product that was different from anything else they have offered. We are supposed to hear about that soon and be able to order in the new year.

I'm sure Shane has other things in mind, but I didn't hear anything else teased specifically. Correct me if I am wrong, folks.

Top Bottom