What's new

Blackland Blackbird Ti - Satin Only Thoughts

I may regret telling you this as I don’t want to have you chasing things you may not need…but if you like nimbleness and have sensitive skin (and I think I know your profile from our messages), the lighter touch of Ti vs SS may have you getting rid of a lot of SS razors. I can shave my neck ATG (towards my Adam’s apple for me) with Ti without any razor burn. Changed my experience completely. I really am only keeping maybe 1-2 Hensons for travel and Ti or Copper (because I’m a sucker for Copper).
I think this was geared towards me.

I'll keep a lot of razors because I'm a collector but as time goes on will most likely move in the same direction as you. I have a sneaking suspension that the nimbleness of titanium, the shave quality, will be the motivating factors.

I love variety in all aspects of life. That love is allowed to run rampant in the wet-shaving world. I'm also a very open-minded person so I look for the various positives in all aspects of wet-shaving gear and just focus on (appreciate) those. The reason I say this is to explain why I use what I use. But at this point all I have are stainless steel, (one) aluminum and plated vintage razors.

I would love to experience titanium razors! I just wish titanium razors weren't so expensive.

Now, I also don't own any copper or modern brass razors, but man do I love the look of them. I'm definitely saddened that Blackland stopped making brass Blackbirds but I do plan on owning an Athena in the near future. Maybe even an Ares. I also keep a close eye on both Charcoal Goods and Karve because I really want some their offerings.

I've been on this journey for some time now, but know there's still a lot in front of me. I'm okay with pacing myself as well. Its just the feeling of missing out on something that really drags me down. I don't hate much but I do hate that feeling.

Thank you for your insight though. I do appreciate it.

P.S. When I've fallen in love with titanium (everything), I'm going to blame it on you. 😁

Which begs the question “why make a razor out of titanium?”
For me they are better easy hands down noticeable !
having both stainless and titanium in the same razor its amazing how much different it feels and the weight etc... they are just amazing

Some might not be able to notice of course :) or YMMV and yeah some might prefer something else

I want to try a copper and brass one day :) to me this is a fun hobby and experiencing the various toys is what makes it so fun ! Even if I do not end up owning a brass or copper the joy of being able to try one and KNOW for sure will be well worth it
have tried aluminum not a fan to light :) to me the Ti just strikes the perfect balance I love

I think this was geared towards me.

I'll keep a lot of razors because I'm a collector but as time goes on will most likely move in the same direction as you. I have a sneaking suspension that the nimbleness of titanium, the shave quality, will be the motivating factors.

I love variety in all aspects of life. That love is allowed to run rampant in the wet-shaving world. I'm also a very open-minded person so I look for the various positives in all aspects of wet-shaving gear and just focus on (appreciate) those. The reason I say this is to explain why I use what I use. But at this point all I have are stainless steel, (one) aluminum and plated vintage razors.

I would love to experience titanium razors! I just wish titanium razors weren't so expensive.

Now, I also don't own any copper or modern brass razors, but man do I love the look of them. I'm definitely saddened that Blackland stopped making brass Blackbirds but I do plan on owning an Athena in the near future. Maybe even an Ares. I also keep a close eye on both Charcoal Goods and Karve because I really want some their offerings.

I've been on this journey for some time now, but know there's still a lot in front of me. I'm okay with pacing myself as well. Its just the feeling of missing out on something that really drags me down. I don't hate much but I do hate that feeling.

Thank you for your insight though. I do appreciate it.

P.S. When I've fallen in love with titanium (everything), I'm going to blame it on you. 😁
I get it, variety is fun and really special fuel to those who embrace it. Somehow Ti agrees with my coarse facial hair and sensitive neck skin. For years I bounced around from razor to razor, cutting back on passes, etc to keep my neck from looking like it’s on fire. Now I don’t have to… and it’s like that with all of my Ti razors so far.

I get it, variety is fun and really special fuel to those who embrace it. Somehow Ti agrees with my coarse facial hair and sensitive neck skin. For years I bounced around from razor to razor, cutting back on passes, etc to keep my neck from looking like it’s on fire. Now I don’t have to… and it’s like that with all of my Ti razors so far.
Lol. You're really selling me on titanium.

I like going atg on my neck but a lot of razors leave the skin under my chin where it meets my neck really rough. I go atg anyway but it's a real issue alright. It seems the sharper the blade, but more so the better blade clamping razors do this area much better than, let's say, the less rigid, less secure ones.

Sticking with the subject of Blackland, my Era does a good job of shaving my neck without issues.

Preparing for takeoff

blackbird.jpg

credit: Mike Swanston

Order of a TI bird complete, including a signature brush.
My Muramasa does have a satin/bead blasted finish. There is no drag issues with this one.
This click bait is really not good for me:)
My bird takes off bound for Norway.

When I first added the razor to my cart, the stand still showed sold out. I did eventually get the stand, but did anyone else have this issue?

Top Bottom