What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

Hi,

Ok. I saw where Mayhem busted all his New Year's resolutions last night. So, maybe I should bust mine as well.

I could go Out with a Treewhale, join the CEC, change my avatar to the blue Ace of Aces cover, become the leader of the Flying Circus, post every shaving sale and eBay BIN deal I see, etc.

Naw. We already got one! ;)

Stan - Still In

Hi,

Aw....I meant that for the 2018 Restraint thread. That'll teach me to post before coffee! :p

It is too late for me to edit...sorry about that, Chief!

Stan

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock wunderbar slant is on a scratch and dent sale 1/2 price it seems, I bought one with some Amici soap.
They must of received a not so perfect batch?

I will say the Wunderbar and Maggards shave very similar. I do have to adjust the Maggards blade a bit while the Wunderbar is one and done every time.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just used the wunderbar after 2 weeks of holidays and had a shave this morning and it worked its "wunder" BBS in 2 1/2 passes with a new Astra SP blade. I like the that combo today. The Wunderbar is a good razor and also a slant to boot, does not get much better in my books. Lots of good blades and razors out there for sure.

Today I got a Walbusch type slant from the bay in the mail and had my first shave with it. Very nice.
But then I compared it to my PAA Alpha Ecliptic and guess what....
It's Mix And Match FrankenRazor Slant Time!!!
IMGA00711.jpg

@HippieDave could you make some pics of that black ones baseplate please?
The seller described it as a "Walbusch type" slant and I have seen others describe it as having a humpback cap like a Walbusch and a safety bar like a Netlite.
slant base.jpg

Here it is next to a Netlite
slant netlite.jpg

The razor is all black with no markings anywhere.
The shave is milder than a PAA Alpha Ecliptic but not as mild as a Merkur 37C.

Two more slants I picked up in the last few months. The one on the left the seller described as possibly an unmarked Globusmen. The blade alinement has to be tweaked a bit by hand and it's a little bit less aggressive than the PAA BOCS.
On the right is a Neo-Ras. The aggressiveness is middle of the road but the steep angle takes a little getting used to.
2 slants.jpg

I've gotten so many razors in the last few months I need find time to shave with each one at least three times in a row with a new blade.

Just tried out the Sword Edge Cheadle Slant - the name, QC on the cap and blade alignment are all terrible.
But it weighs 140g+, has an amazing SS handle and delivers a formidably aggressive shave:
4E91D7E6-2204-4A53-8E69-A3CED65A1F2B.jpeg
10E9E84F-6802-43DC-9875-5A62114C7858.jpeg
E943DF16-3399-4FEB-80FE-B36EB7E31EF7.jpeg

Read a full review here:
Sword Edge Cheadle Slant

Last edited:
Top Bottom