What's new

Cheap vs. Less Cheap Slants

I have the ikon slant stainless steel (believe it’s the B1) and the Merkur Slant. I put more mileage on the ikon but truth be told, I occasionally use my slants

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
The impact of "artisan manufacturing/CNC processing/expensive..." mainly lies in the manufacturing accuracy, whether it can perfectly achieve the shaving efficiency conceived by the designer, and the beautiful appearance and texture that add points to the spiritual level of pleasure.
The answers are all positive.

The real shaving effect still comes from the geometry of the razor head itself and the blade.
Therefore, many times a cheap razor is effective and comfortable enough.

Take my "Krect Sprial Curve" for example. This razor is known as a slanted socialite, not just because of its appearance - slanted razors on the market are becoming more and more heavy and bulky, but it is graceful and charming, with an extremely thin 4mm head. It can easily conquer narrow areas; its slope curvature is small, balancing the stimulation required for daily shaving. It is often listed as a "milder" slope in discussions, but it is slightly more efficient and smoother than the average medium DE.

Not to mention its charming and easy-to-wash and dry assembly mechanism when folded.
This approximately 90-year-old assembly mechanism does not use traditional posts and screws, so even though it is not CNC-made, it can still align the blade easily and accurately. Very clever.
423557262_7241989919173182_9099742227529490624_n.jpg

The impact of "artisan manufacturing/CNC processing/expensive..." mainly lies in the manufacturing accuracy, whether it can perfectly achieve the shaving efficiency conceived by the designer, and the beautiful appearance and texture that add points to the spiritual level of pleasure.
The answers are all positive.

The real shaving effect still comes from the geometry of the razor head itself and the blade.
Therefore, many times a cheap razor is effective and comfortable enough.

Take my "Krect Sprial Curve" for example. This razor is known as a slanted socialite, not just because of its appearance - slanted razors on the market are becoming more and more heavy and bulky, but it is graceful and charming, with an extremely thin 4mm head. It can easily conquer narrow areas; its slope curvature is small, balancing the stimulation required for daily shaving. It is often listed as a "milder" slope in discussions, but it is slightly more efficient and smoother than the average medium DE.

Not to mention its charming and easy-to-wash and dry assembly mechanism when folded.
This approximately 90-year-old assembly mechanism does not use traditional posts and screws, so even though it is not CNC-made, it can still align the blade easily and accurately. Very clever.
View attachment 1791406
I do wish some contemporary razor manufacturer would resurrect this brilliant design.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I do wish some contemporary razor manufacturer would resurrect this brilliant design.
I once heard that Asylum, Maggard... wanted to reproduce Krect's razor, but maybe I missed the follow-up news and didn't see the finished product they proposed.

It may also be that the ultra-thin and curved head of Krect is not in line with the final cost-effectiveness of small companies in terms of CNC processing yield. After all, this thickness is most suitable for traditional processing methods.

Top Bottom