What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

Well, here's my final Shark Week shave. A new blade went in the '54 SuperSpeed and it was the best shave of the week with this blade. It's neither sharp nor smooth, and definitely isn't going to be a standard in my rotation. But 3 passes and some touchup led to a very nice shave and moderate irritation.

'54 Gillette SuperSpeed
Shark SS (1)
Unknown best badger
PAA Doppelgänger soap and AS splash
Nivea Sensitive Cool

full

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, I may shave tonight. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I will.

But! I did use that Super Chrome for the 18th time YESTERDAY.... but just the second time this here Shark Week 2021.... Didn't want to....but the War Department kinda made me: I was lookin' a bit like a haggard Merle Haggard.

SO: I shaved this way, in the SHOWER! YES! Sharks can get you EVEN COMING THROUGH THE SEPTIC TANK!!!

This is going to be a longer story than required, but my good friend @KeenDogg likes my stories. Yeah, I cain't believe it either!

Anyway, I was in the shower, and my lovely bride decided if she was going to be seen with me, I had to shave. So I axed her to hand me my Old Type open comb thingy over the shower curtain. Now this part is quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever written on B and B, but it's mostly ALL true, doggone. As the handle touched my hand and whilst my War Department still was touching it, I COULD FEEL the electric shock, just like the time I wrestled an electric eel in a wading pool years ago in a carnival.

It may have been the energy between my lovely bride and me, but after 33 years, I'm sure it was that ornery blade, warning me of it's intentions!

I used my patented (another true story) technique for an uneventful, close shower shave: use whatever hand bar soap is handy (in this case it was a tiny sliver of glycerin soap) rub it in yer hands, wipe the suds on yer face....and then the most important part: apply some Barbasol canned stuff CAREFULLY over top the suds.

I then looked at my incredibly handsome face in the handheld mirror, and thought to myself once again just how lucky my bride TRULY is!

It was then that I noticed that I had an impressive "unibrow" growing above my eyes and below my forehead! I noticed immediately how it kinda diminished my incredibly handsome face...

So I decided, "Dave, ya gotta shave that spot above your nose and between yer eyes!"

So I did. WITHOUT ANY FOAM!!!

Well, I thought it went well. No pain. But as I prepared to shave my face, I SAW BLOOD kinda RUNNING DOWN MY FACE! Okay, it was just a little drop, but it was probably enough to get the Sharks attention in my septic tank....

The face shave was a little rough, but bloodless, so I'll probably shave tonight. Gotta look good for all the folks that judge the outward appearance in church tomorrow!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, here's my final Shark Week shave. A new blade went in the '54 SuperSpeed and it was the best shave of the week with this blade. It's neither sharp nor smooth, and definitely isn't going to be a standard in my rotation. But 3 passes and some touchup led to a very nice shave and moderate irritation.

'54 Gillette SuperSpeed
Shark SS (1)
Unknown best badger
PAA Dopleganger soap and AS splash
Nivea Sensitive Cool

full
What does "Doppelganger" smell like, is it an homage? And do you like it?

What does "Doppelganger" smell like, is it an homage? And do you like it?

So, this is the Doppelgänger F Bomb. I'm not great at describing scents, but I do like it. It's a rip-o..umm, I mean "homage" of Tom Ford's Fabulous. Looking that up shows woody spice, leather, and sage. I definitely get that from this soap. The whole Doppelgänger line consists of homage scents apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
9FFD9325-5A64-4829-AF8D-35335E73E926.jpeg

Pre: Proraso blue
Brush: AP Shave Co silk smoke fan
Lather: MdC Agrumes w/frost drops
Blade: Shark SC (3)
Razor: Karve brass SB D plate

2nd to last SHARKWEEK2021 shave. The Karve and the super chrome got along well even though I got distracted and ended up doing 1 WTG and 3 ATG passes. The Stirling frost drops went well with the soap. I’m really digging these drops! Star jelly for the nice finish.
One more to go. Got my Gibbs loaded with a cut down blade ready for one last tussle with the shark tomorrow.

After a beach day yesterday, like an actual beach day, I worked up the courage to get back to the depths where the big ones lurk this morning.
I was rewarded with a great shave.
JAWS .84 with 🦈 SS
Simpson Super
Stirling coconut and lime
Old Spice AS
One and done until next year.

Brush: Omega 10098
Soap: Proraso green (tub)
Razor: Gillette (UK) 500HD
Blade: Shark SS (7)

Yet another DFS. So Shark Week has been uneventful here on the North Coast.

Now, normally when I get a new razor, I like to start it off with a Derby Extra. But this Shark has been so well behaved, asking to be petted and all, that tomorrow I'll give this Shark one last crack at me in a new razor and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Shark Week SOTD
SOTD-L-G_2021-07-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (3)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

A good shave. :biggrin:
All is well in ZenShaveLand. Sending out good vibes obviously keeps the Sharks calm. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

- Brush: Zenith Manchurian
- Razor: Karve/Like Grandpa with a OC-D plate
- Blade: Shark SS (5!!!)
- Cream: St. James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot
- Aftershave Balm: St. James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

5th shave with this Shark SS. Unheard of for me unless it is a Personna Med Prep, Polsilver or a KAI.

No blood and didn’t lose a limb. 👍

AE527C80-7436-4FE4-AAB1-FC98E728930D.jpeg

D6404BB5-4A09-4780-A86F-266372CDC1A0.jpeg

I’ve been monitoring shark week from shore.
super stainless or super chrome?
pros cons? Advice for me? 😁
I love the SS and absolutely can’t stand the Chromes or Platinums. Sharks are such a weird brand. Others on B&B are the complete opposite of me and hate the SS and love one/both of the other Sharks. I would grab a tuck of each and try them before committing to 100 or 200 even when they are dirt cheap. Lord makes good blades in general, but the 3 are so different. IME anyways.

Shark Week - Shave #7 - Shark Chrome

Equipment:
Merkur 20C, Shark Chrome (3), Williams Mug Shaving Soap, GrayDog GreyWolf Brush

The Shave: I figured that, since I'm on borrowed time with the Shark Chrome, I might as well go down fighting. I get slick lather from Williams and today's shave was close with no residual irritation. The blade has definitely lost a bit of edge, but I'm going to eek out one more shave tomorrow.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210717_224020.jpg

We join our heroes as they pull what's left of Hooper's shark cage out of the water with no Hooper to be seen.
The two remaining hero's manage to attach the shark to the boat by ropes the shark starts a tug o war with the Arko, bit it is so strong it pulls the boat backwards until it begins to sink. It then smashes the boat and bites Quints legs off.
Brody fights off the shark with whatever comes to hand eventually jamming a stick of Arko the size of an air canister in its mouth. The shark retreats and takes another run at Brody who shoots the Arko stick. The stick explodes (little known fact that Arko explodes when shot blowing putrid flesh, shark meat and Arko all over the place, it was hard to tell which smelt worst but my money is on the Arko.
Finally Hooper and Quint pop up (Quint survives in this story) and they decide to swim for the mainland whilst Quint says he'll never be able to shave his legs again.

Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 2 band badger
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Soap: Arko
Blade: Shark Platinum

Used up a bit of Arko, it will definitely be gone soon (last time I predicted it would be gone soon was a month ago) I was happy to retire this blade to the blade bank after only 7 shaves (the shark SS got 8), I'm going to use a decent soap tomorrow. Stayed with the same setup as last night because at least there was no more blood

Shave #7

JAWS .84
Fresh Super Stainless
Atlantis brush
Oceana soap and balm

The SS and I did not get along on Shark week 2020. This time around I bought a new tuck. The SS/JAWS shave was much improved this year. ATG was even manageable. The finish was mostly BBS save for the area around my Adam's apple.

I drew blood on the first pass. One small dot on my neck, not big but enough to chum the water. I stove off the blood with some shave cream. It was enough to stem the flow but it was too late! The SS shark was circling and I knew I had to get out quick! I made 2 more passes and grabbed the alum block. It was a close call but I will live to shave tomorrow!

Top Bottom