What's new

Aotearoa (NZ) Pass-around

alishock _ the box will be all new as the old box is with newbilong and he seems to be otherwise engaged at the moment. I think we should all send something to one person and then get the box underway.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Please send me a pm if you wish me to try and contact that user via email

Hi guys, I have contacted Luc the Moderator to see if he can get in contact with newbilong. As the box is already full of goodies I would like to see this box keep on traveling rather than starting another one from scratch. Patience gentleman we will get the box underway somehow :)

I think that most people have already lost interest but that's no surprise as nothing has been happening with the box for many months. Once it's running again I'm sure there will be a flood of willing participants :)

Hi guys, thanks for chasing up! Sorry I've been out of contact. Tapatalk stopped working for me and then things got flat out with kids and new house, but I have actually got the box almost ready tto go. I just want some more NZ made soaps, which I'll order today.

Uncle Brian, thanks for organizing new names. Is there a list yet?

And should we start a new thread so people don't get lost reading the back matter?

Welcome back from what ever dark place you have been. List huh what ... not really, just a few names.

newbilong - Wellington
Uncle Brian - Tauranga
FrankD -
strangehat - Wellington
kiwimike - Hamilton
alishock - Auckland

Not too bad really :)

I think we should keep this thread as is, starting a new one will just confuse the issue.

Last edited:
Anybody got Global Soap? I can order some of that but I think I remember someone saying they had tried it and didn't like it.

I have tried it and no matter what I did it sucked .... only great for washing your hands. I did e-mail the company with my concerns but never heard back.

Can you take me off the list please. I'm about to relocate to Gisborne and will be too busy to give the box the attention it deserves this round. I still enjoy reading what others have tried and their thoughts tho :)

THE LIST so far ...

newbilong - Wellington
strangehat - Wellington
kiwimike - Hamilton
Uncle Brian - Tauranga
FrankD -
alishock - Auckland

I have tried it and no matter what I did it sucked .... only great for washing your hands. I did e-mail the company with my concerns but never heard back.

I used it for a little while many years ago, admittedly before I was using 'proper' wet shaving gear, but I don't remember it being all that remarkable - it felt more like a hand soap to me too.

Oh, and I keep forgetting to properly introduce myself, which I noticed everyone else did earlier in the thread. My name's Josh, I'm 37, expecting twins to arrive sometime this month (our first children) and currently renting a place in Seatoun, Wellington. I work part time at a bike shop in town and the rest of the time as a massage therapist, currently down at Capital Sports medicine in the CBD, and earlier in the year spent a chunk of time helping my friend to get a kombucha brewing business off the ground (called - surprise - Strangehat). I'm still learning plenty about this shaving business, and this is a great place to be doing it!

That's a varied career Josh!

Right, I have all the ingredients for the box now. Who gets first look in the box?

The theme is NZ-made products, but there is also a variety of great and interesting products from overseas. I promise no Veg.

There will be a few things in the box for trying and passing around and a few for swapping. If you are swapping, please keep the box fresh and interesting.

If you are participating, please post your review of the NZ-made products you try, and also let us know what you swap out and why you liked it enough to keep.

I will send this off on Monday. Who's it going to be?

THE LIST so far ...

newbilong - Wellington
strangehat - Wellington
Steve_N - Wellington
Uncle Brian - Tauranga
FrankD -
alishock - Auckland
kiwimike - Hamilton

Last edited:
Top Bottom