What's new

Antique store find - Check out this beauty!

That truly is beautiful! I love that size and grind. I had a wonderful W&B like that once. But I dropped it. End of story.

I love antique shops!
If I were you, I'd take some Mother's and polish that blade and tang for 30 or 40 minutes. From what I can see, the blade will probably end up looking brand new. Lovely find. Congrats!

Wow guys, thanks for the responses....validates my thought that it was a pretty special find. 'Mother's' polish? I have MAAS....similar?

So, yeah there was a second one in the box o goodies I bought. Not sure what to do with it. Similar three piece box except for the handle...this one has a half ring to pull out the strop drawer. This razor is nowhere near as spectacular as the Holley but I'm not sure if this razor was used....the coloring on the tang looks like 100+ year old packing oil to me. However it looks like this one got wet at some point and I'm a little worried about the edge. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 50
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 49
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 49
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 49
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 48
That second one will clean up fine, edge and all. You may lose the gold wash depending on how much you feel the need to polish those parts, however. Both of those are pure awesome for scores man! Highly envious here, nothing good ever shows up locally. :(

Wow guys, thanks for the responses....validates my thought that it was a pretty special find. 'Mother's' polish? I have MAAS....similar?

So, yeah there was a second one in the box o goodies I bought. Not sure what to do with it. Similar three piece box except for the handle...this one has a half ring to pull out the strop drawer. This razor is nowhere near as spectacular as the Holley but I'm not sure if this razor was used....the coloring on the tang looks like 100+ year old packing oil to me. However it looks like this one got wet at some point and I'm a little worried about the edge. What do you guys think?

If that was my razor, I would send it to mycarver.com in Bethlehem PA for a resto including the gold. That would be a beautiful display razor.

Top Bottom