What's new

Antique store finds (and help IDing one)

First I found this interesting travel razor. No identifying marks except for "patent pending"the pieces separated in one corner allowing the head to fall out, and then came together to form the handle. hadn't seen anything like this in my short history of DE's. anyone know what it is? (sorry no better pics)
proxy.php

Some valet auto strops (both $35, is that even a good deal)?
proxy.php

Random package of blades I found. 3 boxes of gems, 1 gillette, 1 warner and 1 unknown. only $8, i think i'll go back and grab those. i know i probably won't be able to shave with them, but could be cool?
proxy.php

I'm thinking of grabbing these ones just for the looks, but with how new i am to this game, i don't know about the prices and if i could find them cheaper (craftsmen $5, everready $6, and then the assorted box $19 including the box)
proxy.php

proxy.php

there are a few in the box that you can't really see... but you can see Myco, Gillette, La Fayette, PAL or FAL. And then is the white thing in the middle a gillette blade dispenser?

in all i spent about 4 hours walking around an antique mall. saw a ton of straights and some other random SE's and DE's and took a ton of pictures (but i only put a few up here). It was fun since it was the first time i had done it, but being the first time i was just looking and not buying.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I think the Autostrops are way on the high side. You could get one on here or ebay much cheaper.

For $35 you should be able to pick up a really complete set. I shaved with mine today. It's a pretty cool razor.

No idea on that folding razor. I have a small collection of neat travel razors myself, and if you're not thinking of picking it up for yourself, I would be happy to buy it off of you.

i'll go back and check out the price this weekend, and if it's right i'll buy it (or else just report back with it so i can pass it along to you)

I'm going to go to the store tomorrow to check it out.

I know it's not in the razor blades subforum, but anyone have any opinion on the prices for the razor blades?

I have no idea about the blades. The dispenser might be worth something.
Either last year or the year before, I believe one went for $30+ on eBay, but since then I haven't seen them go anywhere near that high. I managed to find one for every case that needs one, and probably never spent more than $10 for one.

I'd like to have those Crafstman razor blades. I'd personally probably pay $5 for those. Just cuz I never see them and want them.

Top Bottom