What's new

My first antique store haul! Woo!

Decided to stop in the local antique store today, usually they have the same 2 or 3 Gems they always do, never really anything new.

Today though, holy cow, they had tons! Probably 15 straights, which I held off in for now, gonna wait until I really feel right about that. They had an old Schick injector, a Rolls razor, some Gems, some Gillettes, a ton of blades (mostly mixed lots, but there was an old box of Personnas, British made I think), and more I'm probably forgetting.

And then there is what I got! I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me identify some of these.

The black Schick I'm pretty sure is a Krona, yes? The underside of the head reads left to right, up and down: 2 2 4 M

The red Gillette has been painted, which is kinda tacky, but I kinda like it actually. It's got personality. If there are any identifying marks on it, I can't find them. But it's a TTO open comb, which is awesome. I don't have anything like this!
The larger silver Gillette has K 4 under the baseplate, but I don't know what model it is. I'm really not terribly familiar with these vintage razors. It's in GREAT shape though.

And the little guy! Some sort of travel Tech, maybe? Says L1 on the underside. Also in incredible shape. In a case! With nail clippers! It's freakin adorable!

Plus a mess of blades, because it just seems too cool to pass up. Some single edge blades, meaning that if they haven't gone bad I can FINALLY try my Gem out. And some other things I have no idea what they are for.

Paid $55 for the whole lot! I'm pretty happy about it. Some are in better shape than others, but all look perfectly shaveable. Gonna clean em up today. But I was really hoping I might get some assistance identifying them, more than anything. Anybody have any insight? Thanks, fellas!

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413660995566.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413660995566.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 289
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413661027951.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413661027951.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 288
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413661046884.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413661046884.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 288
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413661076942.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413661076942.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 288
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413661102905.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413661102905.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 288
Two Techs, a Krona and a Sheraton (Senator?) , I think it's is a Sheraton, although pretty much the only real difference was the plating, which that razor doesn't have anymore.

Fantastic scores. Those Techs and especially the Krona are highly underrated razors, but they're very nice shavers, and I love the head design of those Techs with the faceted caps.

Congrats.

Cool! Thanks for the info! I am beyond stoked about these. I wish I hadn't already shaved today, I'm dying to try these out!

How much did they ask for the Sheraton alone? Just curious...
You can PM me if you would like.

Last edited:
How much did they ask for the Sheraton alone? Just curious...
You can PM me if you would like.

No problem at all. The Sheraton was $14, the Krona was $8, and I already forget what the Techs were. $15 for the travel I think, the other one was $12? The lot of blades was $15, bringing it to $64 total, but he let me have it for $55. I think I did alright.

It's weird. Before today, I always thought that the Krona razor looked really hokey with the plastic handle. It just seemed more like a toy than a serious tool. But now that I've actually got one, I can't stop fiddling around with it, and I'm probably more excited about trying it out than all the other ones.

You picked up some of the same razors that I've recently acquired (Krona and Travel Tech). You paid about half what I did for my Krona, and about $5 less for your Travel Tech, which has a better-condition case than mine. I haven't touched the Tech yet, but you're probably going to enjoy the Krona. Deceptively effective despite its mildness. Some don't like the handle, but I really like it. I know nothing about the Sheraton, but it's clearly unique in more ways than one, and well worth keeping around. Its handle looks ridiculous...... I love it.

You picked up some of the same razors that I've recently acquired (Krona and Travel Tech). You paid about half what I did for my Krona, and about $5 less for your Travel Tech, which has a better-condition case than mine. I haven't touched the Tech yet, but you're probably going to enjoy the Krona. Deceptively effective despite its mildness. Some don't like the handle, but I really like it. I know nothing about the Sheraton, but it's clearly unique in more ways than one, and well worth keeping around. Its handle looks ridiculous...... I love it.

Right on man. I'm excited. And yeah, the Sheraton is pretty wacky. I've been doing some reading up on it, seems a lot of guys really like it. If it works as well for me as it does for them, I may look into getting it replated, even if only to prevent further deterioration.

You scored big on the Sheraton. One of the best open combs I've ever had the pleasure of using and they can command big bucks. Haven't seen too many of them below ~$50

Right on man. I'm excited. And yeah, the Sheraton is pretty wacky. I've been doing some reading up on it, seems a lot of guys really like it. If it works as well for me as it does for them, I may look into getting it replated, even if only to prevent further deterioration.
I love my Sheraton. I highly recommend you get that badboy cleaned up and loaded with ia nice me blade Stat. Once you use it you'll be screaming for a replate.
Nice haul btw

All good shavers. The Krona is as forgiving a DE as you'll find, and I have a soft spot for any TTO open comb.

Well scored.

Great job!!! I've passed on 10's of travel techs but the one I own, great shavers. It's hard to tell if the other tech has an aluminum handle or a brass plated with nickel handle. If it was aluminum and the base plate says anything like Marcus Regs I could tell you a little more about it. Though the handle is one I've not seen much of in my state. The Sheraton is one razor I've not been able to find in my area after many lengthy expeditions.... Congrats at a wonderful price!!

nice haul! - I found a Schick Krona the other day in my local antique store that was in excellent shape for $10 and it is a great razor, nice and close DFS but amazingly forgiving. Awesome find all around, nice job!

Top Bottom