What's new

My first antique store haul! Woo!

Great job!!! I've passed on 10's of travel techs but the one I own, great shavers. It's hard to tell if the other tech has an aluminum handle or a brass plated with nickel handle. If it was aluminum and the base plate says anything like Marcus Regs I could tell you a little more about it. Though the handle is one I've not seen much of in my state. The Sheraton is one razor I've not been able to find in my area after many lengthy expeditions.... Congrats at a wonderful price!!

Actually, while the big one doesn't say anything, like that, the Travel does in fact say "Marcas Regs" on it. I double checked the date codes on them against my original post (I thought I might have mixed them up after disassembling and cleaning them, which was AFTER my original post) and they match. So unless someone swapped them before me, the Travel says Marcas Regs. I looked into it after reading your post. Something about them being for the South American market?

As far as the material of the full size, I might be able to lend some insight. I don't think it really showed up in the original pic, but there is some wear near the top of the handle. Underneath is kind of a grey/white material. Between my other two old razors with significant wear on them (the Sheraton and an Old Type I've had for a while) I've never seen this colour, only brass. And I'm also just ASSUMING it's actually under the plating. It could be something actually stuck to the outside for all I know. It's hard to tell, but I'm not about to start scraping away at it yet. I'll put a pic below.

Again, thank you all so much for your insight! You guys are beyond helpful. This is why I love this place.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413737773475.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413737773475.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 34
Actually, while the big one doesn't say anything, like that, the Travel does in fact say "Marcas Regs" on it. I double checked the date codes on them against my original post (I thought I might have mixed them up after disassembling and cleaning them, which was AFTER my original post) and they match. So unless someone swapped them before me, the Travel says Marcas Regs. I looked into it after reading your post. Something about them being for the South American market?

As far as the material of the full size, I might be able to lend some insight. I don't think it really showed up in the original pic, but there is some wear near the top of the handle. Underneath is kind of a grey/white material. Between my other two old razors with significant wear on them (the Sheraton and an Old Type I've had for a while) I've never seen this colour, only brass. And I'm also just ASSUMING it's actually under the plating. It could be something actually stuck to the outside for all I know. It's hard to tell, but I'm not about to start scraping away at it yet. I'll put a pic below.

Again, thank you all so much for your insight! You guys are beyond helpful. This is why I love this place.
Yep made for the South American market, same head design as the originals! It's difficult to tell if the handle is made of pot metal or if it just needs a cleaning...

Top Bottom