What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

SS Enterprise.JPG Ship's log; 85% of the mission complete, all ahead flank speed.
SPS2021-8nov.JPG

Greetings from earth, question for the crew members. I'm in preparation for the 2022 trip, any advice on this? Best to indulge a bit during the last months before launch?

Greetings from earth, question for the crew members. I'm in preparation for the 2022 trip, any advice on this? Best to indulge a bit during the last months before launch?
I'm sure you will receive better advice from individuals with a lot more experience than me, but here goes... If there are items you will need to get through the year, buy them now and have enough for the entire year. If there's something you think you may want later but don't want to buy now, plan to use it as your exception to avoid having it trip you up later; that way if you really really want to get it and can't wait until the restock period, you can exercise your exception and continue. And don't be afraid to lean on your fellow sabbatical/restraint participants for support as you will undoubtedly be faced with several temptations along the way. Good luck.

Last edited:

Have more of everything than you think you need.

Double the above.

Read the rules.

Read the rules again.

Stock up on William's Mug Soap.

#7 still in.

I'm being mysteriously driven to acquire boxes of food for a year-long solo mission to a galaxy far away. Twenty-five 13 x 13 x 13 boxes arrived yesterday from the Amazon jungle. I'm supposed to fill them this month. I already have 16 boxes filled at home.

I'm still acquiring food. The 13 x 13 x 13 size boxes from Amazon are perfect. They hold 48 cans of food. I fill some of that space with rice, pancake mix, and other things. Realistically, a box holds a 10-day supply of 2,200 calories a day. I don't eat meat, which makes things easier. I could improve the mix by cooking beans from scratch.

I mostly shop at Walmart for canned foods because it's much less expensive.

A stack three boxes wide, three boxes deep, and three boxes high holds 270 days of food. I have about 16 boxes full now. I may as well go for the 36 boxes needed for a year.

Still in. Decent shave today. I’m not sure why but I just don’t seem to get along with the AC blades. I love how nimble the Vector is. But, my face is always a bit tender after using it. Not sure I’ll be hanging on to it much longer. Might be tempted by a trade for a timeless .68 scalloped baseplate with a smooth top cap and 85mm barber pole handle 😉😉. Who knows 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Have a great day y’all!
DBE987EF-CA99-4FBD-A72D-4C421FBEAFD5.jpeg

Need to get a ruling. I think I’ll be in the clear, but wanted to check with the group first. It’s getting into the cold dry months where I’m from, and I’m considering getting a face moisturizer, personally I don’t think that would put me out. But I wanted to get other opinions before I make a decision. I’m making sure to not get an aftershave balm, got plenty of those already, this would strictly be a face moisturizer. Thanks y’all! Stay strong only a month and a half remaining!

It’s getting into the cold dry months where I’m from, and I’m considering getting a face moisturizer, personally I don’t think that would put me out. But I wanted to get other opinions before I make a decision. I’m making sure to not get an aftershave balm, got plenty of those already, this would strictly be a face moisturizer.
I think that is a general skin moisturiser which is okay; good for the hands too.

Hi,

OK in your case. But not in my case. This, because I use Lubriderm lotion as an after shave. Pretty much only for that. I use Udder Balm on my hands, which works better than anything else for hands. Too much oil and grease here on the farm, and that means cleaning with diesel fuel, then GoJo then Dawn. Poor old things need help on a daily basis! ;)

Stan - Still In

Top Bottom