What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

#7 still in.

I'm being mysteriously driven to acquire boxes of food for a year-long solo mission to a galaxy far away. Twenty-five 13 x 13 x 13 boxes arrived yesterday from the Amazon jungle. I'm supposed to fill them this month. I already have 16 boxes filled at home.
I’m intrigued!! Please share more!

Still in. Great, quick shave the other day!
Razor: Karve D plate
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Omega Ovangkol
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Proraso Blue
A/S: Nivea
Have a great day y’all!
D92CC2A4-6683-4348-B963-FB4C481CDA11.jpeg

I’m intrigued!! Please share more!
Solo was a poor choice of words. There are 12 crew members. We will be unaccompanied, and there may be no safe place to resupply. Our prophecies indicate a coming plague, famine, and war that will eliminate the evil ones.

We need about 1,200 cans of food apiece minus space for rice, beans, pancake mix, flour, oatmeal, and a few other little things. There are four Spacemarts in town, so we can get a goodly amount each day without attracting much attention. We can also drive to nearby cities.

Our ship is the "Obadiah" and is designed for interdimensional quantum travel. This means we can literally get somewhere before we leave.

Solo was a poor choice of words. There are 12 crew members. We will be unaccompanied, and there may be no safe place to resupply. Our prophecies indicate a coming plague, famine, and war that will eliminate the evil ones.

We need about 1,200 cans of food apiece minus space for rice, beans, pancake mix, flour, oatmeal, and a few other little things. There are four Spacemarts in town, so we can get a goodly amount each day without attracting much attention. We can also drive to nearby cities.

Our ship is the "Obadiah" and is designed for interdimensional quantum travel. This means we can literally get somewhere before we leave.
Godspeed on your journeys sir!

Hoping my long range transmission is received. Still in. The Mystic Waters Barbershop is only slivers now. We are headed straight to the SMA nebula on Oct. 19th. Who knows what wonders will be discovered. Will report when it is know. Several away missions over the next two months. Maybe finish off the tubes or one of the sticks. All for now.

Godspeed on your journeys sir!
It wasn't what I thought. From the description, I was certain we were going on a space journey. We made our first interdimensional leap this afternoon. When we opened the hatch, we were connected to an underground tunnel system. I should tell you about the ship. It's bigger than we expected. We each have a private room and shower. There is a central cooking/eating/socializing area. There is a computer in each room along with a large library of real books.

There is nothing that resembles the inside of a ship. No fancy instruments or control panels. It just goes.

There are three other ships, which we learned are called pods, in the area. There are 12 people in each pod for a total of 48 people. We were told we are deep underground on earth. There are no physical exits, but we can leave at any time by thinking that we want to return home.

We were encouraged to study our books as much as possible. We are free to mingle with the other groups.

I used a meat thermometer to measure the boiling temperature of water. It was a little over 217 (F), which means we are about 3,000 feet underground assuming the tunnels aren't pressurized. One of the occupants of another pod told me we are slightly pressurized to keep the outside air out.

Have not bought anything since getting the dollar tree brush. Still haven’t shaved with it. Actually cannot find it anywhere.

On that note. What all are you getting to enjoy fall with? You have done so good, now is the time to get yourself a reward to enjoy for the upcoming holidays [emoji3]

It wasn't what I thought. From the description, I was certain we were going on a space journey. We made our first interdimensional leap this afternoon. When we opened the hatch, we were connected to an underground tunnel system. I should tell you about the ship. It's bigger than we expected. We each have a private room and shower. There is a central cooking/eating/socializing area. There is a computer in each room along with a large library of real books.

There is nothing that resembles the inside of a ship. No fancy instruments or control panels. It just goes.

There are three other ships, which we learned are called pods, in the area. There are 12 people in each pod for a total of 48 people. We were told we are deep underground on earth. There are no physical exits, but we can leave at any time by thinking that we want to return home.

We were encouraged to study our books as much as possible. We are free to mingle with the other groups.

I used a meat thermometer to measure the boiling temperature of water. It was a little over 217 (F), which means we are about 3,000 feet underground assuming the tunnels aren't pressurized. One of the occupants of another pod told me we are slightly pressurized to keep the outside air out.
Hi,

You want to borrow some of my old electronics R&D instruments I have on the Shelves of Obsolete Electronics? I have a pile of old Tektronix TM500 series stuff along with plenty of Hewlett Packard stuff from the days when Bill and Dave were still alive and were adamant that HP was *not* a computer maker (they made plenty of computers back then for the express purpose of controlling their instruments).

That Tek TM500 stuff is what was all over the bridge of the original Battlestar Galactica. You can now look the part! I think I even have enough Tek Graphic parts left over for you to recreate their graphics used in the show! :)

Heck, I still use some of the Tek stuff in my two main racks. Stuff I need once in a while so buying new stuff isn't a good use of money. And a 750 MHz Tek analog scope that runs circles around the modern digital stuff for UHF work in the time domain.

Stan - Still In

Still In, and thanks for the reminder, so sorry that it was needed. I have been very busy with work and home projects and have not given the Shave forum the attention it deserves. I suspect it will be this way for several more weeks. I am still in and still wet shaving everyday. I have not been tempted by anything lately.

Have not bought anything since getting the dollar tree brush. Still haven’t shaved with it. Actually cannot find it anywhere.

On that note. What all are you getting to enjoy fall with? You have done so good, now is the time to get yourself a reward to enjoy for the upcoming holidays [emoji3]
I think I'll reward myself by shaving with PTFE blades loaded in a few GEM razors that I haven't used in over a year. And while I'm indulging myself, I might as well break out an unused soap that I couldn't live without but never used. What better tool to lather said soap with than a new-in-the-box brush that has been sitting in a drawer for a couple of years. And after a few weeks of sheer shaving bliss, I'll truly reward myself during the restock period in January (after successfully completing the sabbatical) :cool:

Crewman #13 still in...

Last edited:

Hi,

You want to borrow some of my old electronics R&D instruments I have on the Shelves of Obsolete Electronics? I have a pile of old Tektronix TM500 series stuff along with plenty of Hewlett Packard stuff from the days when Bill and Dave were still alive and were adamant that HP was *not* a computer maker (they made plenty of computers back then for the express purpose of controlling their instruments).

That Tek TM500 stuff is what was all over the bridge of the original Battlestar Galactica. You can now look the part! I think I even have enough Tek Graphic parts left over for you to recreate their graphics used in the show! :)

Heck, I still use some of the Tek stuff in my two main racks. Stuff I need once in a while so buying new stuff isn't a good use of money. And a 750 MHz Tek analog scope that runs circles around the modern digital stuff for UHF work in the time domain.

Stan - Still In
Thanks for the offer. There is more here than I thought at first. The construction is from the 50s, but the electronics are new. They almost put me out by issuing me a razor, but luckily, I heard about it before they gave it to me.

Latest casualty report follows.

Crewmen @Doorcube and @meanpr were lost in a transporter malfunction during an unusually strong and violent ion storm.

1633616276532.png

1633616318560.png

1633616355081.png

Unfortunately, even cross-circuiting to B was ineffective. As a result, the crewmen could not be recovered.

All casualty reports should now be up-to-date.

Top Bottom