What's new

2011 Week of Wonderous Schick Injector!!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Type D for Friday, using one of those vintage Personna blades. Some Trumper's was whipped up with the Simpson's "CT".

I really need to find some cool C and D types.

I used my Golden 500 for the second time this week. It delivers DFS while looking very smart with it's long handle and gold head.:biggrin1:

Today I used my Type L-1 with a P74 blade and vintage williams soap. I was not impressed. Lots of nicks on my neck. I know it's not the soap. It was my first time using that razor and that blade. I'm reasonably sure it wasn't the blade based on its reputation. I'm thinking it was the razor. I'm going to switch the blade into a different razor tomorrow. Either a Type E or my Adjustable.

Today I used my Type L-1 with a P74 blade and vintage williams soap. I was not impressed. Lots of nicks on my neck. I know it's not the soap. It was my first time using that razor and that blade. I'm reasonably sure it wasn't the blade based on its reputation. I'm thinking it was the razor. I'm going to switch the blade into a different razor tomorrow. Either a Type E or my Adjustable.

For what it's worth, I can't get a smooth shave out of Personna 74 blades, myself. They tear me to shreds. So don't let them off the hook so easily...:lol:

For what it's worth, I can't get a smooth shave out of Personna 74 blades, myself. They tear me to shreds. So don't let them off the hook so easily...:lol:

Me neither; I suffered through a second shave with one, but I won't do it again. I've gone through three of them, and tossed them each after the second shave. The yellow-pack schicks are the best deal going (complete with metal dispenser).

I
proxy.php
Personna 74's!

Day 6 of the Week of Injectors. Saturday May7th 2011

-Schick Type I Hydromagic w/ Schick Blade (1)
-Barbasol Canned Goo
-Generic Witch Hazel
-Gillette Cool Wave AS

Gave myself one small cut, but otherwise a good quality shave. Barbasol is super boring to use. :lol::lol:

Saturday 5-7-11

Schick I1
Personna/ASR from CVS
Vintage Strong Set brush
Vintage Willams soap
Vintage Shulton Old Spice cologne

The Schick blade seemed to be done for so I switched it out for a CVS blade. It worked very well.

proxy.php

Today was my 1st shave with an injector, thanks to GearChow (Jim)

I got it in the mail yesterday, too late for the shave but I put it to good use this morning.

Type "G", I think
La Toja shave stick
Shavemac in my restored butterscotch
Floid Sandalor PreShave
Speick AS Balm
Specik AS Splash.
Blades: Unmarked container but the box says Electron Microscopy Services (Phew, that's a mouthful).

It took me a bit to get the blade in, but I eventually managed it.

It was quite an experience, the sounds were similar to my abortive attempts with a single edge. Very loud as it mowed them down and I was surprised to have no weepers or cuts, which I invariable manage to get no matter what.
I kept it flat to my face and it surprised me how well it cut with no pulling or irritation.
It was far easier to navigate in the hard to reach places than my DE.
The shave was equal to my DE, 2 1/2 passes for mostly BBS.

All in all, an enjoyable experience and I hate to say it, but I might have caught a bug to begin collecting these little jewels.

Now I vote that we extend the Injector week a bit longer. :thumbup:

Oh, and thanks again Jim.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Welcome to the injector fan club George!

Here I went with something Old (Schick B-1) and something Blue (Floid), in honor of the reported discontinuance of the latter. DFS, even if it took over 15 minutes to load up the blade in that rascal.

Type J2
Twinjector blade
KMF Lavender
C&E brush

BBS, a couple of weepers. Not bad. Still prefer the grip of the I2...

Today:

J-3 Golden 500
Chinese Schick blade on shave four
VDH Glycerin
VDH Boar
English Leather AS
English Leather cologne.

I got a very smooth BBS after two passes and some touch up. This week has been so good that I almost don't want to go back to my DEs, but my Flairtip and Slim look awful neglected.

Saturday morning shave:

Schick Type A
Schick Plus Platinum
Yardley soap
Semogue 620
Thayers Superhazel
Sabon ASB

proxy.php

Have a nice weekend, gents!

Injector Week-Saturday, May 7

1954-58 Eversharp Schick I2 //Longs/Personna (Day6)
Omega 10029 Baby Pro Boar
Arko Shave Stick
Arko Nem moisturizer
Arko Aqua AS splash

Day 6 on this blade and still not a hint of a tug...Did 2 complete passes complete with a little razor buffing and J-Hooking...Face is absolutely clean. smooth, and irritation free...Like the commercial said: "So easy its almost effortless"...but not so effortless that is not fun...LOL...

I'm getting a little sad about tomorrow being the last day...Maybe we could start an Injector lovers thread....kind of like combining this thread with the Party on "Schick type E"...We could report SOTD post when its an Injector, but also put together a data base of pictures and reviews...and also just share Injector fellowship...B&B is so big, I'm going to miss hangin' with my fellow Injector lovers...We could also invite all SE lovers...

What do you guys think...?? I don't think theres enough interest for a sub-forum, but maybe an on-going Injector SOTD and Injector lovers thread combined...Any ideas?? I mean everyone can shave with their DE's and Str8's when-ever they want and just post it on the regular SOTD thread, but when they us an Injector they could touch base over here, so we all still get to stay in touch....

Last edited:
Top Bottom