Items by michiganlover

michiganlover
1.80 star(s) 5 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is a review for the Marvy Rubber Mug: Many of you may have seen this for sale at barber supply houses, on Ebay, and on Amazon. This is an absolutely huge mug, made out of rubber, so it is unbreakable. It is nearly 4 inches high, 3.5 inches wide at the base, and 4" wide at the mouth. Should be great for lathering in, and a dream for a clumsy person like me prone to breaking ceramic mugs. What's not apparent in most of the photos of this mug, is that there is a rubber ring...
Review for this blade already exists elsewhere: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=81569
I really wanted to like this razor. I acquired it from Shaveabuck for an intro special of $9.95, price is now $14.95. The razor is of solid brass construction, which is certainly unique in the modern day razor market. The overall construction closely follows the build style of a Gillette Knack, but unfortunately is very shoddy at best. The punched out parts of the razor have jagged edges, and the TTO doors are uneven, with one locking down more, than the other. The TTO mechanism...
This is a relatively unknown shaving cream from Turkey. It's available at the time of this writing (Dec. 2009) for $2.99 each, or 3 for $8.00. In addition to the Cool variety, it also comes in " Sensitive ", and "Energetic" varieties. Despite a slightly different formula for each cream, I can't really tell any difference between the three; they smell the same, and perform the same. The scent of this cream is fruity, and reminds me greatly of "Fruit Stripe Gum". I find the scent to be...
This is a relatively unknown shaving cream from Turkey. It's available at the time of this writing (Dec. 2009) for $2.99 each, or 3 for $8.00. In addition to the Sensitive variety, it also comes in "Cool", and "Energetic" varieties. Despite a slightly different formula for each cream, I can't really tell any difference between the three; they smell the same, and perform the same. The scent of this cream is fruity, and reminds me greatly of "Fruit Stripe Gum". I find the scent to be...
This is a relatively unknown shaving cream from Turkey. It's available at the time of this writing (Dec. 2009) for $2.99 each, or 3 for $8.00. In addition to the Energetic variety, it also comes in "Cool", and "Sensitive" varieties. The scent of this cream is fruity, and reminds me greatly of "Fruit Stripe Gum". I find the scent to be very pleasing. This comes in a 3.5 oz tube, inside of a box. It is said to contain allantoin, and menthol. The allantoin is supposed to help...
michiganlover
2.03 star(s) 29 ratings
Views
Reviews
I am totally surprised to see this brush not previously reviewed here. $10 buys you a whole lot of brush. This brush is a champ, generating loads of great lather, and feels very nice, and soft on my face. It's every bit as good as my Penworks 22mm Finest Badger. One of the best values for a newbie to get started with. Available in Black, White, and Red handles, with a 27mm knot.
michiganlover
1.29 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
I wanted to put up a review for the Lord Premium Safety Razor, Model 1822, with the new Merkur Like Head. This razor existed in an earlier rendition with a tech like head, and that is the model currently being sold in the us (and reviewed here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34663). Hopefully at some point the newer model with the Merkur like head becomes available, as this razor is wonderful!! I have dubbed this razor the "Lord Merkur Tech". This razor does a superb...
Phil from Bullgoose Shaving graciously sent ten of us on the board samples of Sublime, and Mint creams to sample. Price: This comes in a 6.76 ounce container. TOBS comes in a 5.3 ounce container. This costs 18.00 per tub, TOBS costs 13.50 per tub. Doing the math, this costs $2.66 per ounce, and TOBS costs $2.56 per ounce. So there is a ten cent difference between the two, that being considered, this is an excellent value. Quality: Top notch, performs at least equal to TOBS...
Top Bottom