What's new

Dalan D'Men Energetic Shaving Cream

I've used a tube of this for 4-5 shaves per week until the tube is almost gone. Immediately prior I used a tube of Speick and a tub of Nancy Boy in the same manner. All creams were face lathered with a variety of badgers and boars. No other creams were in use at the particular time. Other creams I've used : TOBS, Nivea, Godrej, Proraso, Bigelow, AOS, Pacific Shaving, probably a few more I can't remember.

My thoughts:

An excellent cheap cream, not widely available but a bargain if you find it. It is a thirsty cream and likes a wet brush. Scent is weird: powdery and chemical-fruity at the same time. Lathers well, nice cushion, leaves my face in good shape, but no menthol to speak of.

I will miss my tube after it is gone. I like it much better than the Speick used immediately prior. Not as nice as the Nancy Boy (my favorite cream so far), but not 20 bucks a pop, either. An excellent budget-friendly cream with a whole lot of bang for the buck, if you can ignore the scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I've tried this cream a few times now, and all in all I would have to say that it's a nice product......But it needs something...More Menthol!

Price: I paid $1.50 for my tube, which makes this one dirt cheap!

Quality: I'm rating at a 7 here in overall consideration of the product. It's good, but I think it could be better.

Scent: This is a 5, the smell of the scent itself is mild and pleasant, but menthol seems completely lacking despite what the packaging says.

Latherability: While this product isn't exactly a lather-grenade, it does lather up quite nicely without too much fuss.

Efficacy: Giving an 8, as it does a nice job of providing lubrication for the blade.

Moisturizing Properties: I'll say this has to be about a 7, it doesn't dry my skin out, but I've definitely used creams that seemed to moisturize more.

Packaging: I'll call this an 8. The tube doesn't seem like it's in danger of falling apart before you use up the cream, but it doesn't scream 'class' like the foil tubes.

Would I buy this again or recommend it? At the current price of $1.50, yes.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is a relatively unknown shaving cream from Turkey. It's available at the time of this writing (Dec. 2009) for $2.99 each, or 3 for $8.00.

In addition to the Energetic variety, it also comes in "Cool", and "Sensitive" varieties.

The scent of this cream is fruity, and reminds me greatly of "Fruit Stripe Gum". I find the scent to be very pleasing.

This comes in a 3.5 oz tube, inside of a box.

It is said to contain allantoin, and menthol. The allantoin is supposed to help repair irritation, and small cuts.

Although the product says it is supposed to contain menthol, the amount in the cream is not large enough for me to detect it. It certainly doesn't have a menthol cooling blast like Proraso.

Overall, this is a very good budget minded cream. It's not as good as TOBS for example, but does produce a rich lather, that is more than adequate for shaving. I have been using this off, and on for about the last month, and I don't suffer razor burn, or dry skin.

I am quite happy with this creams performance, and would certainly purchase it again. :thumbup1:

Discussion Thread for Dalan D'Men Energetic Shaving Cream
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability