What's new

Dalan D'Men Sesitive Shaving Cream

Item Description

This is a relatively unknown shaving cream from Turkey. It's available at the time of this writing (Dec. 2009) for $2.99 each, or 3 for $8.00.

In addition to the Sensitive variety, it also comes in "Cool", and "Energetic" varieties. Despite a slightly different formula for each cream, I can't really tell any difference between the three; they smell the same, and perform the same.

The scent of this cream is fruity, and reminds me greatly of "Fruit Stripe Gum". I find the scent to be very pleasing.

This comes in a 3.5 oz tube, inside of a box, which is the same size as a tub of TOBS.

It is said to contain allantoin, and Guarana extract. The allantoin is supposed to help repair irritation, and small cuts. The guarana brings vitality to your skin.

Overall, this is a very good budget minded cream. It's not as good as TOBS for example, but does produce a rich lather, that is more than adequate for shaving. I have been using this off, and on for about the last month, and I don't suffer razor burn, or dry skin.

I am quite happy with this creams performance, and would certainly purchase it again.

The discussion thread for this cream can be found HERE.

Latest reviews

lathers really nicely not drying great value tube is as big as the $10 tube of proraso at bath and body but less than half the price love the smell nice lather what more can you ask packaging is not fancy cardboard box plastic tube instead of metal but i care more about what's in the tube not the tube itself
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Like the Arko and Lea creams I recently bought, I got this from shaveabuck.com. Unfortunately, something in this cream, probably the guarana extract or fragrance did not agree with my skin at all so I won't be using this cream ever again. In fact, my skin still feels sore a few hours after shaving with this cream. If your skin is truly sensitive to frangrances, essential oils and the like, I would approach this cream with caution.

This cream is made by the same parent company that makes the Arko creams. Looking over the ingredients, this cream is definitely a different formula than the Arko, even apart from the guarana extract. However, when lathered, the cream is a very similar consistency to Arko, maybe slightly less good. Like Arko, I find that I have to use double the amount of cream to get good lather compared to the English creams. Other than that, it lathers up just fine, just like Arko.

For efficacy, I'm giving this cream a low rating because it is a little too heavily scented and contains guarana extract. If you have sensitive skin, you probably want something that contains less scent not more. The scent definitely smells like fruity candy of some sort. It's not bad, but I think it's too strong. Also, after surfing around, I discovered guarana extract is a known skin irritant. If that's the case, why would you put it in a shaving cream formulated for sensitive skin? It just doesn't make sense.

If not for the strong scent and skin reaction I had to this cream, it would be a fine product for the money. Like I said, if you have truly sensitive skin you may want to approach this cream with caution.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is a relatively unknown shaving cream from Turkey. It's available at the time of this writing (Dec. 2009) for $2.99 each, or 3 for $8.00.

In addition to the Sensitive variety, it also comes in "Cool", and "Energetic" varieties. Despite a slightly different formula for each cream, I can't really tell any difference between the three; they smell the same, and perform the same.

The scent of this cream is fruity, and reminds me greatly of "Fruit Stripe Gum". I find the scent to be very pleasing.

This comes in a 3.5 oz tube, inside of a box, which is the same size as a tub of TOBS.

It is said to contain allantoin, and Guarana extract. The allantoin is supposed to help repair irritation, and small cuts. The guarana brings vitality to your skin.

Overall, this is a very good budget minded cream. It's not as good as TOBS for example, but does produce a rich lather, that is more than adequate for shaving. I have been using this off, and on for about the last month, and I don't suffer razor burn, or dry skin.

I am quite happy with this creams performance, and would certainly purchase it again.

The discussion thread for this cream can be found HERE.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)