Items by castlecraver

Mama Bear's White Tie Cologne Manufacturer's description: The Cubeba and Bergamot are a perfect opener. The complex citrus blend plateaus at just the right level and is balanced just wonderfully by the leafy herbs that follow. What's left behind is something that brings to mind a candlelit dinner. The lingering scent is so much more subtle and complex, it almost begs one to take another whiff. I seem to pick up the lavender the most amongst all the notes, and it seems to carry over...
Behold, The Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar! Rumor has it this stuff has been discontinued, which IMHO, is a bit of a shame. You can still find it various places online, however. Price: Lately, you can pick up a tub of it on the cheap, reportedly even <$10. MSRP was around $25 if I remember correctly, for 150mL (~5.1 oz). Maybe even a tick more expensive than the already-expensive T&H tubs. Quality: High marks here. Doesn't dry out, get runny, nor do I find you need too much of it to...
Price: Picked up for a steal from Lee at LeesRazors.com. He even threw in the travel tube. Very, very pleased with the price. (I got it considerably cheaper than the ~$50 list, but it was an unpublished price, so you'll have to ask Lee for the same deal personally) Quality: I docked the brush 2 points for losing the damn label after being used 3 times (and during this review!). The gold label that says "Simpsons - Made in England - Sterilized" appears stuck on in a fashion similar to how...
castlecraver
0.15 star(s) 27 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: $16/2.5oz tube, $29/6.7oz tub. More expensive than Taylors, not quite as much as T&H. Quality: I've been continually impressed with the quality of Trumper's creams. The packaging is quality, as is what's contained within. The cream isn't too runny, well formulated, and does the job well. No complaints. Scent: Olfactory delight. If you like Trumper's Violet, you'll like Trumper's Rose. I've found the Trumper's to be sweeter and stronger than some, particularly the T&H floral scents...
Maybe I'm totally missing the point of this product, but I think it's terrible. I picked up a 2 oz. bottle from the C-W one-day sale on a whim... sadly, I don't think they could pay me to use this stuff anymore. The scent is average. The almond is what I'd describe as "sharp": not sweet, not overwhelming, but nutty and oily. You can almost smell the long-chain hydrocarbons in this. If you've ever taken a big whiff of cooking oil, that the context in which you get the almond... ...and...
Price: $9 for 2oz "squeeze" bottle, $22.50 for 6oz pump. Maybe a little on the steep side. Quality: This seems like a very high quality aftershave made with a balanced focus betweeb the lotion and the scent qualities. The packaging is nice -- I'm certainly partial to the classy look of black old-timey looking labels. Not so sure about the 2oz bottle though -- I'm worried that it will be difficult to get the last bits out, as this balm is too thick to pour. Fighting Razor Burn: Average. Not...
Price: $19 for 6.7oz? Great deal for any English cream, let alone this gem. Quality: Simply great. The cream is soft and rich, with a beautiful texture. The package proudly states "all our products are made from naturally derived ingredients where possible" as well as "not tested on animals." Another big plus. Scent: If I could, I'd give this cream 20 out of 10. The sent is simply incredible. Unbelievable. Must be experienced. It hits you strong and clean when you open the tub -- not too...
castlecraver
0.36 star(s) 11 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: $16/2.6oz tube, $21/5.8oz tub. I went for the tube since I hadn't tried this one before. More expensive than the other T's, but you've got to have some diversity in your bathroom, haven't you? Quality: Great. Everything in and including the box screams quality. The cream is rich and thick, nicely colored, and well-packaged. Scent: This is where the T&H Lavender loses big points. You really have to try awfully hard to really smell it. The upside is that its not medicine-y or too...
Price: Can't be beat. Picked mine up from Nashville Knife Shop for $25. Perfect for the budget-minded first-timer. Quality: No complaints at all. Silo mechanism is super smooth, and the razor feels solid in your hand, but not at the expence of being chunky or too heavy. User Friendly: I can't imagine a more user-friendly razor. The Parker is sized just right for those of us who were used to Mach 3-sized razors before -- its longer handle and lighter weight make wetshaving an easy...
castlecraver
0.23 star(s) 39 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: Great value. As $35 brushes go, it can't be beat. Consider again that its probably readily available in a mall shop near you, and you've got yourself a fantastic brush for the price. Quality: Exactly what you'd expect out of a brush at this price -- I've had a couple hairs shed, and a couple around the periphery lose contact with the main knot after a few days, but nothing really unacceptable. The handle and bristles look extremely attractive, and fluff out well after a few good...
Top Bottom