What's new

Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar

Item Description

Behold, The Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar! Rumor has it this stuff has been discontinued, which IMHO, is a bit of a shame. You can still find it various places online, however.

Price: Lately, you can pick up a tub of it on the cheap, reportedly even <$10. MSRP was around $25 if I remember correctly, for 150mL (~5.1 oz). Maybe even a tick more expensive than the already-expensive T&H tubs.

Quality: High marks here. Doesn't dry out, get runny, nor do I find you need too much of it to generate a high quality lather.

Scent: Smells a little like my dad's Aramis to me -- definitely more cedar than lemon, although I find the lemon easier to pick out after I've washed the lather off. Its a very fresh, masculine scent with an obvious but very light woodsy base. I rather like it -- a nice balance between sweeter-smelling and cologne-scented creams.

Latherability: I don't have any issues with this cream, although I've spoken to some who have. This cream doesn't seem to be as tempramental as some go as far as water-to-cream ratios, but YMMV. Of course, I prefer my black-handled lather hog with most of my creams nowadays, which I feel like I could lather mud with if I was so inclined :tongue:

Efficacy: Not the best, but 'tis no slouch, English. I find the best part of this cream is that the slickness holds up well. Very smooth shaves, but not quite grand-slam quality. It doesn't seem to soften my beard as well as my go-to creams, but the slickness is fantastic.

Moisturizing: Leaves my skin feeling very soft, but not terribly moisturized. In fact, sometimes it leaves a filmy feeling afterwards.

Packaging: I love the look of the darker blue tub. Nice classy font lettering -- matches well with the white ceramic in my tiny spartain bathroom. :biggrin: Comes boxed in an equally classy cardboard container.

Pics!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Verdict: Nice cream, definitely a staple in my rotation although not one of my go-to's. Shame that it appears to be discontinued. I'd buy more once I ran out, but I won't be hoarding the last remaining tubs.

Here is the discussion thread for this review

Latest reviews

Behold, The Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar! Rumor has it this stuff has been discontinued, which IMHO, is a bit of a shame. You can still find it various places online, however.

Price: Lately, you can pick up a tub of it on the cheap, reportedly even <$10. MSRP was around $25 if I remember correctly, for 150mL (~5.1 oz). Maybe even a tick more expensive than the already-expensive T&H tubs.

Quality: High marks here. Doesn't dry out, get runny, nor do I find you need too much of it to generate a high quality lather.

Scent: Smells a little like my dad's Aramis to me -- definitely more cedar than lemon, although I find the lemon easier to pick out after I've washed the lather off. Its a very fresh, masculine scent with an obvious but very light woodsy base. I rather like it -- a nice balance between sweeter-smelling and cologne-scented creams.

Latherability: I don't have any issues with this cream, although I've spoken to some who have. This cream doesn't seem to be as tempramental as some go as far as water-to-cream ratios, but YMMV. Of course, I prefer my black-handled lather hog with most of my creams nowadays, which I feel like I could lather mud with if I was so inclined :tongue:

Efficacy: Not the best, but 'tis no slouch, English. I find the best part of this cream is that the slickness holds up well. Very smooth shaves, but not quite grand-slam quality. It doesn't seem to soften my beard as well as my go-to creams, but the slickness is fantastic.

Moisturizing: Leaves my skin feeling very soft, but not terribly moisturized. In fact, sometimes it leaves a filmy feeling afterwards.

Packaging: I love the look of the darker blue tub. Nice classy font lettering -- matches well with the white ceramic in my tiny spartain bathroom. :biggrin: Comes boxed in an equally classy cardboard container.

Pics!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Verdict: Nice cream, definitely a staple in my rotation although not one of my go-to's. Shame that it appears to be discontinued. I'd buy more once I ran out, but I won't be hoarding the last remaining tubs.

Here is the discussion thread for this review
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability