What's new

Truefitt and Hill Lavender

Item Description

Price: $16/2.6oz tube, $21/5.8oz tub. I went for the tube since I hadn't tried this one before. More expensive than the other T's, but you've got to have some diversity in your bathroom, haven't you?

Quality: Great. Everything in and including the box screams quality. The cream is rich and thick, nicely colored, and well-packaged.

Scent: This is where the T&H Lavender loses big points. You really have to try awfully hard to really smell it. The upside is that its not medicine-y or too flowery, but overall, it leaves you wanting a lot more in the scent department. Its very light, neither having the invigorating or luxuriously pleasant qualities of similar creams.

Latherability: I've found that the T&H creams are more forgiving than most on the water-to-cream ratio. Having tried both, it works very well whether you like it thick or light, without any hint of drying or running. Lather holds well in the brush and feels great on the face.

Efficacy: Like I said, I get super shaves from this cream. The lather stands up well and it seems to lubricate better than most others I've tried. It holds its temperature when warm, and is really superior at beard-softening.

Moisturizing: I'm really pleased with how this cream leaves me after the shave. I've particularly had issues with certain creams and soaps (Caswell-Massey for one) leaving me with a dry, waxy feeling. The light scent seems to allow the T&H Lavender to pair well with just about any pre-shave, especially the Coral Skin Food.

Packaging: The best. Very attractive and classy looking.

Verdict: Good cream, great shave, disappointing scent.

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Stearic acid, Myristic acid, Potassium hydroxide, Coconut acid, Glycerin, Parfum (fragrance), Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 15510, CI 17200, CI 42090, CI 60725

Photos:
proxy.php

Above: tube, front

proxy.php

Above: box, front

proxy.php

Above: Dollop in scuttle

proxy.php

Above: lather in scuttle

proxy.php

Above: The obligatory lather-on-arm shot

Latest reviews

Pros: Quality, scent
Great cream! The price makes it a bit of a luxury, so I don't use it but once a week. Lathers well, slickness is outstanding.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I couldn't really find much about Truefitt & Hill's Lavender but I decided to try it out anyway. It doesn't have the traditional lavender scent but it is quite nice and this shaving cream is good for sensitive skin.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I tried this cream this morning. It is the last of the T&H cream samples I ordered. An excellent cream performance wise. I got a great shave with my Merkur HD and an Astra blade. The scent was plenty strong enough, but I agree with the previous review; the scent was less lavender and more soapy floral. It certainly wasn't unpleasant and I look forward to the next 2 or 3 shaves I'll get from this sample.

Item information

Added by
castlecraver
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.36 star(s) 11 ratings

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from castlecraver

Top Bottom