What's new

Parker 90R

Item Description

Price: Can't be beat. Picked mine up from Nashville Knife Shop for $25. Perfect for the budget-minded first-timer.

Quality: No complaints at all. Silo mechanism is super smooth, and the razor feels solid in your hand, but not at the expence of being chunky or too heavy.

User Friendly: I can't imagine a more user-friendly razor. The Parker is sized just right for those of us who were used to Mach 3-sized razors before -- its longer handle and lighter weight make wetshaving an easy transition.

Grip: Again, no complaints. For those of you who like a short, stubby handle, this razor probably isn't for you. If you're more accustomed to longer-handled, lighter weight razors though, the Parker is perfect. The handle feels perfectly natural in my smallish hands.

Blade placement: Nice big bar to drop the blade onto. Can't miss. Overtightening is next to impossible, as the handle isn't serrated such that you'd be able to get a tight enough grip.

Aggressiveness: Experienced wetshavers will probably dislike the aggressiveness of this razor, although I find it perfect for a beginner. I've been using it with Derby blades, and 3 passes always does the job. The Parker is forgiving enough to allow for just a slight bit of pressure, as its not quite heavy enough to do the job on its own.

Adjustability: This is a fixed razor.

Balance: Depends on your preferences. Once again, probably agreeable to those who are just switching over from disposable cartridge razors, but not optimal for more experienced wetshavers who like a heavier razor.

Dimensions:
  • Width of shaving head: 4.2cm
  • Width of handle: 1.1cm
  • Overall height: 10.9cm
  • Height of shaving head (at center): 1.1cm
  • Depth of shaving head: 2.5cm
Comb: Closed
Opening: Silo
Markings: "India" on underside

Price: $25.00 approx

proxy.php

Above: Parker 90R (side view)

proxy.php

Above: Parker 90R (side view)

proxy.php

Above: Paker 90R (open view with Derby blade)

proxy.php

Above: Parker 90R (underside)

Video:
See the opening mechanism in action,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggB2_nA7X0

Verdict:
Perfect starter DE, and will serve you well for years to come. I intend on upgrading at some point, but again, I don't see getting rid of my Parker. Can't beat the price, makes for an easy transition from cartridges, and very forgiving.

Latest reviews

I bought this razor for my son and ended up liking so well that I kept it. This razor is very easy to use, it is well balanced and I guess the best thing I like is the feel of it as you are shaving.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
I just got one of these and have about 4 shaves in with it. Here is what i think. For the money a first time DE shaver cant pass this up. THe quality of the razor is top notch very well made. The shave isnt really aggressive but its very forgiving making the learning curve very easy. I gave the grip a 7 best i felt a bit like the razor was slipping out of my hand a bit when it got wet from the water. Other than that if you a starting out in DE shaving this is a great choice.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Hi all, I have to say that this razor was given to me as a gift as before I was using the plastic Wilkinson Sword DE model. This razor is a fantastic one to start with, it feels solid in the hand and has given me some of the best shaves ever, I will never go back to Mach3 now.

Item information

Added by
castlecraver
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Safety Razors (Reviews)

More from castlecraver

Top Bottom