What's new

What Razor Would You Replace Immediately If You Lost/Broke It?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have modern and vintage razors and if I could find a replacement it would have to be my Star bar #4 lather catcher Mfg 1920 (Kampfee brothers of Brooklyn NY factory). Just a nice razor to use and also look at.

SE SOTD, OCtober 22nd,2020
Razor: Star bar#4 lather catcher- Mfg in Brooklyn NY 1920 by Kampfee brothers, one of the last & best lather catchers made possibly in USA. Milder mid range + excellent daily driver IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Excellent blade with great sharpness and longevity and smoothes out nicely.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather qualities with a great post shave feel. Great price & deal IMO.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm-excellent brush for creating lather with nice soft tips. Have been using this one for years enjoyably.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cols water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor(RR version of Creed Adventice)aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 & Gem Personna coated blade.

OCtober 22nd, Wed, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

My Gillette Slim adjustable. I know Fatboys are more popular and all but the balance of the slim is my favorite. So much so that I have one restored and replated ready in the hole warming up for it’s at bat when and if my tried and true companion gets injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckily I have a few spares and wouldn’t need to sweat it. I’d be happy to play a man down if required.

'79 Spiral Tech made in the UK. I have another one from the 70s but for whatever reason the '79 is just that good.

Doing OCtober, and my only issue is not using my tech!

I would get another Gamechanger .68 SC or Canadian Gillette long comb New, which I just bought on BST as a backup to the one I have. Both smooth, reliable shavers that are a delight to use.

Hi,

Fasan Red Dot Double Slant. Best razor I've ever had. So good, that I pre-replaced it. Meaning, I have a spare. The only razor make/model I have two of. ;)

The daily driver

The spare

Actually, the spare came first, but then I picked up the metal top cap variant and they switched places.

I didn't like the original Fasan handles, but that was an easy fix.

Stan

M

member 119848

If something bad would happen to my PBOCS (PAA Bakelite Open Comb Slant), it should be replaced.
...and because this razor is getting hard to find, I have 2 backups!

fullsizeoutput_30d.jpeg

Top Bottom