What's new

The Rubberset 400 Club

Good luck! I guess I'm going to have to read through this thread because this happened yesterday......[emoji16]
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That Adam will come up stunning well worth the wait...…

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
That Adam will come up stunning well worth the wait...…
Thanks, Ian. Now to size the correct knot and give it a go. I love my omega 10098 and hope to find a comparable knot. I believe the 10098 is 27mm, which I believe is too big.

Thanks, Ian. Now to size the correct knot and give it a go. I love my omega 10098 and hope to find a comparable knot. I believe the 10098 is 27mm, which I believe is too big.

The 10098 is 27mm x 65mm. So about a 2.4 loft to diameter ratio for a similar feel, if going with boar.

KeenDogg

Thanks, Clay. Will look into it. That puts me at roughly 58mm. Which is close to the original knot height of 61mm on a 3, I believe.
The 10098 is 27mm x 65mm. So about a 2.4 loft to diameter ratio for a similar feel, if going with boar.

KeenDogg

Has anyone put Larry's 24mm boar knot in one of these? Larry said the glue bump is closer to 26mm. Ian has done one, but he's unavailable. I imagine he's asleep at this hour, being in England and all. Any help would be great.

Kindly,
Adam

KeenDogg

After much talk with both Larry and Ian, Larry will be sending the 24 mm boar knot to my humble abode.

KeenDogg

Looks good Adam! Your 400 looks perfect- even the lettering under the base!
Thanks! It has a few mold imperfections but they are mostly hidden under the ferrule! Thanks for the kind words.

Kind regards

Thanks, Ian! Special thanks for all your insights. It made my first restore a lot easier!

Adam the pleasure was all mine, I'm pleased you enjoyed doing it and hope you carry on restoring a lot more....

I've been talking about doing this for a while, and I'm finally diving in!

This club is for anyone lucky enough to own and use a Rubberset 400. It doesn't matter if you use it in original condition, painted/anodized it, added a brushed effect, or if you've polished it to a gleaming mirror finish. Your 400 could have an original boar bristle knot, any type of badger knot, or a synthetic knot. If you own and use a Rubberset 400, this club is for you!

To join, please submit a post that indicates that you're in, and preferably include a picture of your 400(s), if possible. If you've done a restore, include a before and after. Once you've added your post, feel free to add "The Rubberset 400 Club" to your signature.

To get things rolling, here is my Rubberset 400-3, which I restored in February 2013.
Hello
I've been talking about doing this for a while, and I'm finally diving in!

This club is for anyone lucky enough to own and use a Rubberset 400. It doesn't matter if you use it in original condition, painted/anodized it, added a brushed effect, or if you've polished it to a gleaming mirror finish. Your 400 could have an original boar bristle knot, any type of badger knot, or a synthetic knot. If you own and use a Rubberset 400, this club is for you!

To join, please submit a post that indicates that you're in, and preferably include a picture of your 400(s), if possible. If you've done a restore, include a before and after. Once you've added your post, feel free to add "The Rubberset 400 Club" to your signature.

To get things rolling, here is my Rubberset 400-3, which I restored in February 2013.

the14u2c Are you going to polish it and reknot or try it as is, as some of them the hair feels like strands of wood and snap off as your using it.
I would give it a spin and see how it goes TBH....

Top Bottom