What's new

The Rubberset 400 Club

the14u2c Are you going to polish it and reknot or try it as is, as some of them the hair feels like strands of wood and snap off as your using it.
I would give it a spin and see how it goes TBH....
I will definitely polish and reknot it before the first use. This feels like it may cut my bald head.:001_302:

Well if your changing the knot are you going with a Boar or Badger, you will need to get a 24mm knot I got both of mine from Larry At http://whippeddog.com/products/find/brushes-knots hope this helps a little,
I found it better to remove the top cap that holds the knot when regluing back in and to remove it I used a rubber strap wrench..
I’m definitely going with the Badger. Being new to vintage shaving brushes, this is great information. Thanks

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Here's my application for the club. Instead of o rings I made acrylic bands. Before and after...

I will definitely polish and reknot it before the first use. This feels like it may cut my bald head.:001_302:

Yep one of mine was the same it was more like a yard brush, as for polishing stay on the lower grit longer to get all the marks out before moving up grits

I’m definitely going with the Badger. Being new to vintage shaving brushes, this is great information. Thanks

Yes I like badger but I was impressed with the boar I got from Larry.

View attachment 917902 View attachment 917903 View attachment 917904 View attachment 917905 View attachment 917906 Here's my application for the club. Instead of o rings I made acrylic bands. Before and after...

Those look stunning I like the acrylic rings they set them off, and love the polishing its very much a labour of love...

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Gents, I had to reknot. My 24mm knot from Larry was shedding like a beast. I believe when I was trying to persuade it into the opening, I ended up damaging the glue bulb. I lost over 60 hairs in about two weeks. I got with Larry, who is a great guy, and let him know how it was going. I told him I accepted all responsibility for the mishap as I was fairly certain i crushed something. The hairs were coming out dark on the end, which I suspect means they were coming out of the glue. I told him I would try again some day again soon.

Being the guy he is, he wanted to get me fixed up right. He offered a 22mn knot as he felt it was a better it. He also was ultra kind and gave it to me for half price!

Now, it took a bit more patience waiting for the epoxy to reach the desired consistency, but it worked out well. I set it at roughly 53mm, which seemed natural to me. The new knot has only shed 10 hairs in a week and did not shed any last shave.

Thanks to @LarryAndro

So without further ado!

proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gents, I had to reknot. My 24mm knot from Larry was shedding like a beast. I believe when I was trying to persuade it into the opening, I ended up damaging the glue bulb. I lost over 60 hairs in about two weeks. I got with Larry, who is a great guy, and let him know how it was going. I told him I accepted all responsibility for the mishap as I was fairly certain i crushed something. The hairs were coming out dark on the end, which I suspect means they were coming out of the glue. I told him I would try again some day again soon.

Being the guy he is, he wanted to get me fixed up right. He offered a 22mn knot as he felt it was a better it. He also was ultra kind and gave it to me for half price!

Now, it took a bit more patience waiting for the epoxy to reach the desired consistency, but it worked out well. I set it at roughly 53mm, which seemed natural to me. The new knot has only shed 10 hairs in a week and did not shed any last shave.

Thanks to @LarryAndro

So without further ado!

proxy.php

Sorry to hear that Adam.

Mine went in no problem but the glue might have been a tad bigger, as they are a tight fit but pleased you got sorted in the end but yes Larry is a top guy...

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
No worries, Ian. I'm in shave nirvana once again, my friend. Live and learn, right????[emoji3]

My B-400 No.3 Goodwill store find. First pic is before clean up. I did not sand I only used a polish cloth so it still has a used look. Since the original knot is in near new condition I decided to keep it intact.
before clean up.JPG
IMG_7238.JPG
IMG_7233.JPG
IMG_7225.JPG

Top Bottom